cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why on Earth did I choose Plusnet???

stacey01

Why on Earth did I choose Plusnet???

Signed up for home phone and broadband via a phone call on the 28th October. I spoke to someone whose first language isn't English and they incorrectly put my address on the system. Phoned them up on Monday 5th November as nothing was happening only to be told that they had my address was taken down incorrectly. I confirmed the correct address and yet another non English person says this will be rectified and my phone will be connected asap.
Phoned again on the 9th November to be informed that the last person I spoke to DID NOT rectify Plusnets mistake, hence NOTHING still gets done. I'm promised that they will try and get my phone connected within a week.
What a joke this outfit is, I'm now told it will be 24th November before an engineer will call. Now under the web page that shows my order, under the section that says "What Happens Next?" It actually states, "We'll arrange for your phone service to start. This will take 2-4 working days." So, this is also incorrect.
Plusnet make the mistakes and yet they choose to ignore good customer service and rectify their mistakes immediately, instead they adopt a couldn't care less attitutude and expect their customers to be grateful for disgusting, unacceptable customer service due to the incompetence of their staff.
I'm presently using my Fathers computer to access this site and notice they have sent me emails about my account. How the hell do they expect me to read them without internet access, God only knows????? Each message also starts with, "We tried contacting you" How have they done that? They have my mobile number and I have not received any calls from them. If they had called and not got an answer, voicemail kicks in.......... why not leave a message????
Please tell me what is good about Plusnet because as far as I can see at the moment I have made a big, big mistake and signed up to a company which should be called "Comedy of Errors."
BTW Plusnet, I'm not prepared to wait until 24th November for you to correct your mistakes, so would appreciate a professional attitude in addressing this issue. One month to connect a phone???? Your having a laugh.
4 REPLIES 4
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Why on Earth did I choose Plusnet???

Hi stacey01,
I'm sorry to hear you've had these issues. I will look into this now and see if I can shed some light on the matter for you.
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi stacey0,
I'm sorry but I can't get the appointment brought forward. Normally the 2-4 days is an estimate for when there is a stopped line. Your property's line is not connected so can't be just switched on. As we place the orders and don't have plusnet engineers we can only take the appointments we are given. I do understand when you say it is our fault this has been delayed but there is nothing we can do to get the appointment earlier, or I can assure you we certainly would.
I would like to apologise for the delay and for not being able to get it any quicker for you.
Jojo Smiley
stacey01

Thanks Jojo, at least you acted quicker than they do on the ticket front!
I can't exactly say that I'm happy with the delay especially as it wasn't my fault but I appreciate you investigating it for me. I will be at home on the date/time the engineer should be there so I don't expect anyone to say I wasn't in order to charge me £49.99 to re-book. I've waited long enough, I wouldn't want to wait any longer.
Just one point I would like clarified and that is that I will not be charged until my line goes live and I can actually use a landline.
I would suggest that the misleading information stating timescales is removed from Plusnets website as it seems apparent that I'm not the only person to be messed about with delays.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Stacey01,
You'll be charged the initial fees before the line is activated, but I can confirm you won't start paying any service charges until the line goes active.
Part of your initial fee is for the first months subscription, but that won't actually be counted as starting until everything's all good to go.