Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscription charge

Ashworth
Dabbler

Re: Subscription charge

A similar thing happened to me.
I was told that as two discounts cannot be given at the same time my £5 Home Phone discount will be applied as soon as my Broadband discount finishes.
I have also now been asked twice to state that I agree to stay with Home Phone for a whole year so that my discount can be given. Yet I know that I had already agreeed to this when I signed up for Home Phone.
Incidently my monthly direct debit payment was taken from my bank account today with just the continuing Broadband discount and I have been charged the full £9.99 for my first month of Home Phone.
But Mand did say that it would take until the end of the week to sort this out, so perhaps next month?
coastergrotto
Grafter

Ashworth:
I'm surprised you have not received the same emails as me.    I thought that Mand was inferring that the two discounts would be combined but according to the emails I've received they won't be.
It's not a big deal really as the discount will be applied once my Broadband discount has expired and I suppose the second email was just a self generated email that just called the Home Phone discount a goodwill gesture.
No doubt when Mand is next in the office she will explain all.
paulby
Grafter

The "goodwill gesture" e-mail is the standard e-mail that PN seem to send out when applying a discount!  I got the same e-mail for both my broadband and phone discounts.  It could probably do with a bit of rewording!
coastergrotto
Grafter

Thanks Paul for confirming what I thought with regard to the goodwill email.
You are right it does need re-wording as it is not correct and somewhat misleading  particularly when applied to advertised discounts.