Did you mean: 

Phone number changed for a 90 year old

FIXED
ScottyKernow
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Phone number changed for a 90 year old

HI To Plusnet Tech chaps

Firstly i understand you cannot talk to me about my friends problem but hopefully you will be able to contact him direct, i will direct message his details to anyone who can help, note that for him this is URGENT

No personal info will be posted here

My friend is 94 years old, has plusnet broadband and home phone

When he moved house many years ago he brought his home phone number with him, this has worked successfully since he moved

Over the weekend his phone number has changed without his knowledge, i am thinking this "new" number could be the original phone number for hie new house

I can only assume that BT/Openreach have changed something at the exchange/cabinet

All his family, friends, support workers , doctors, etc etc etc only have his "old" number and this is causing him a lot of stress, not good for someone well into his 90's

Look forward to hearing from you

6 REPLIES 6
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Phone number changed for a 90 year old

Fix

Hi @ScottyKernow 

I'm really sorry to hear this has happened to your friend.

If you can drop me a PM with what details you'll have I'll see what I can do

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
ScottyKernow
Rising Star

Hi Matthew

Thanks for your response

Will send details over

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@ScottyKernow 

It's possible that his line has been inadvertently swapped with someone else's by a technician working on the cabinet.

What happens if you call his old number - does it ring, and if so is it answered?

ScottyKernow
Rising Star

Hi
I did try ringing his old number but it just rings and rings
Matthew is on the case and looks to be sorting it
Cheers
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

A cross connected line is the most likely explanation for this problem. After the number has been restored your friend should check to see if there are any charged for calls on their account … which they did not make.

Though if it just rings out no matter when you call, it’s possible that there is no phone connected to the line. Many broadband users do not have a phone plugged into the line

If this is going to take time to fix, it should be possible to request that the correct number is diverted to the number presently connected to the property. A tad messy but that can be done in seconds whereas a repair could take days.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ScottyKernow
Rising Star

Good info
Perhaps I'll pop down to see him and call plusnet from there, with him present they will be able yo talk to me
Thanks