cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line not working

GirlFriday

Phone line not working

My phone line has been down for several days with not even a dial tone. Gladly my internet is still working. Work is being carried out replacing the old copper internet cable from our village to the main box, before the copper line is being turned off, so I wondered if it was that, and waited to see if it was resolved when completed. Sadly it has not. The advice on the Plusnet website said I had to call them, which obviously I can't do on the landline and our mobiles don't have a signal here as we're in a remote location. I can't find an email address on the site to contact Plusnet either. What do others do in this situation? 

8 REPLIES 8
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Phone line not working

@GirlFriday Welcome to the forums. In your situation, I would wait for one of the Help Team to pick this topic up, either today or tomorrow. There is no email support.

John
GirlFriday

Thank you and cheers for the info jab1. Very much appreciated. Lisa

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Though there is local work in your area, do you as an individual have an open fault report for your line?

If not...

• You need one
  • You will not be eligible for the automatic compensation scheme

Use the phone fault bot link below.

Ofcom Automatic Compensation Scheme

Plusnet is signed up to the Ofcom Automatic Compensation Scheme - see Automatic Compensation FAQs. Plusnet will pay you automatic compensation in the following circumstances:

1. Delayed activation of your broadband and/or landline service
  2. Delayed repair following a total loss of service
  3. Missed appointments

For compensation to be paid (as a credit to your account), you must have a CONFIRMED date for the failed activity. To see what is happening in detail, check the ticket history on your account - log into the portal in another tab, return here and click the PN TICKET link below. Look at the details of the tickets; if there appears to be no recent activity, contact support.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

@Townman Unless I am mistaken, the OP doesn't have a reliable mobile signal - this may be an issue too? I could be wrong.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Ought to be enough to send a text!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

OK. 😀

John
GirlFriday

jab1 is correct Townman, we dont have a mobile signal even for texts. Email only I'm afraid. 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @GirlFridday, can you pop a PM across to me with your username please? I'll have a look into this for you. - Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team