cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone

Whitaker100
Dabbler

No dial tone

Three weeks with no dial tone on phone. Can't phone out and can't get incoming calls. Message to callers says that the line is busy. Openreach engineer failed to turn up after I waited in for five hours. Openreach claimed to fix the problem at the exchange. They hadn't. Then claimed it was an external fault that they had fixed. They hadn't. Message from Plusnet today to say it was fixed. It isn't. Cameron Easter from Plusnet promised to resolve the problem and would call me today at 6.00pm. He was so convincing but guess what? He hasn't. I'm paying for a service I'm not getting and I've lost money from work waiting for an engineer who never showed up. I appreciate this is incompetence on the part of Openreach but why aren't Plusnet raising holy hell with them for their inability to do the job properly? Nobody seems to give a damn. So long as your paying your monthly bill nobody gives a toss.
Twice I've asked to speak to a senior member of staff and twice I've been assured the matter is in hand. For god sake put me in touch with somebody who knows what they are doing and keeps their promises....or is that just too much to ask? 🤷‍♀️
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: No dial tone

Not good, I'm really sorry for all the back and forth on this and for all the disruption and broken promises. I can't imagine why we'd promise a call back without following up on it as it only impacts on an already negative experience if that happens. 

I've taken ownership of the issue for you going forward, I tried calling your mobile to give you an update, there was no answer so I left a voicemail.

Since you posted we made Openreach aware the fault was still evident and they've since passed it back to us again advising it should be fixed now, line tests seem to back that up but please confirm if it has been when you can. 

I'll handle this as a complaint for you and will also be passing on some feedback about how we've handled this so far. 

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Whitaker100
Dabbler

Adam it hasn't been fixed. Incoming calls are greeted with a message to say that I am on the phone and the line is busy. Obviously this is not the case. Openreach are continually saying they have located and fixed the fault but they haven't. The line previously had a buzzing sound but is now totally dead.
I am unable to take calls Monday to Friday during the day as I am in work, I made Cameron Easter aware of this which is why he agreed to call on the 19th at 6.00pm. Obviously he didn't call.
I am available anytime after 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @Whitaker100 Thanks so much for getting back to me. I'll keep your availability in mind and will check for updates when I'm back on shift on Saturday. I'll be off on Monday and on an early shift on Tuesday but I'll arrange for one of my team mates to give you a call so I'll drop you a message to confirm when that's been arranged. 

I've let Openreach know it's not fixed and have raised an escalation which should hopefully get a more urgent response going forward.

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team