cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lightning Fast VoIP Landline Number Porting: Completed in Just One Week!

geev

Lightning Fast VoIP Landline Number Porting: Completed in Just One Week!

I was initially told it could take anywhere from 10 to 20 days, which I was mentally prepared for. However, to my surprise and delight, the process was completed in just one week!
From the moment I initiated the porting request to the moment my number was successfully transferred, everything went smoothly.

(i) Official document about landline number ownership , (ii) Used that by the VoIP provider to initiate the porting process leading to (iii)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(i) " The landline number showing on the account was 02088xxxx2x, before upgrading to FTTP 500 without a landline"
Lewis Connolly - Sales & COT
9:59am, Tuesday 5 Mar 2024

(ii) "Your porting request has a status of submitted and was last updated at 10:30:09 on 05/03/2024."
VoIP provider Freeola.

VoIP is fully functional when checked this morning ( Old "BT 7600 Twin Cordless DECT Phone with Answer Machine and Nuisance Call Blocker" linked to
ATA supplied, pre-configured ,by Freeola (Grandstream 801)

(iii) "To Lewis Connolly - Sales & COT
My Response
11:14am, Monday 11 Mar 2024
Smiley
Thank you . The number porting is now completed, even earlier than anticipated (from reading the PlusNet Forum VoIP topics .)"

Hope this is of some use to members of this forum who are keen on keeping their landline numbers after the switch over from FTTC to FTTP.