Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Fault - Cannot Receive Calls - Can Make Calls - Broadband OK

FIXED
MBH

Landline Fault - Cannot Receive Calls - Can Make Calls - Broadband OK

Hi!

We can make landline calls OK and our broadband is working well.

Our phone doesn't recognise that any inbound calls have been made in the last 4 hours, despite me and others testing it.  There is no ringing and no log of incoming call on the phone.

We don't have access to a corded phone to try to isolate the fault, but given that only incoming calls are not recognised, I'd appreciate some help/advice.

6 REPLIES 6
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 258

Re: Landline Fault - Cannot Receive Calls - Can Make Calls - Broadband OK

Fix

@MBH I suggest the quickest way out of this it to report a phone fault via: https://www.plus.net/help/report-a-problem/phone/

John
MBH

Thanks!  I'll give it a go.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

The quickest way to profile this issue, is to pick up the telephone, dial 17070 and confirm that the number spoken back to you is correct.  If it is wrong, you have a crossed circuit and no amount of remote / automated diagnostics will fix that issue.  You will need to speak with support.  If you do have a crossed line, you should check your phone bill for calls you have not made (but were made by a third party associated with the crossed line).  If the number is wrong, dial the advised number and tell that party (if they answer) that they probably have an issue with their phone line as well.

If the number is correct, ring your number from a mobile and pick the phone up (even though it is not ringing) and see if the call is "there".  If it is, you might have an issue with the phone hand set or the filter (which generates the ringing signal).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MBH

@jab1, thanks , this worked, the second set of tests they did found a fault.  Now their 'supplier' (presumably OpenReach) has scheduled a response time by 17:00 on 21st.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 258

Glad you got it sorted.Thumbs_Up

John
MBH

@Townman thanks, in the end I didn't need to try this, but worth knowing for another time. I wonder how many hidden codes there are to try.