Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International call to Switzerland

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: International call to Switzerland

@paul03
Sorry, I made my 2 points very badly (you are also teaching granny to suck eggs).
What I was trying to say was things don't always go as smoothly as one might hope. (I knew you meant indirect access although you hadn't said so, and even if you've got it, sometimes mistakes get made and you get switched off Roll_eyes
I would never use pre-pay, the example you gave requires you to top up if credit falls below £5, and they are not that cheap either.
Oh, and if you're not a BT line rental customer and dial 1280 to 'go over BT' you'll be billed at BT's rates (that's certainly true of most providers, can't be sure if you're a PN customer though, as they're owned by BT, and I haven't tried it on PN, no reason to!)
Santiago
Grafter

@jmdlp
My suggestion of Telediscount apparently is too expensive at 2p per minute.
Might I suggest if you and the person in Switzerland both had Skype on your computers you could talk for free.
paulby
Grafter

@Anotherone
I'm not too keen on Alpha either. I opened the account about 6 years ago so that I didn't ring up my mother-in-law's phone bill whilst ringing my brother in the Netherlands.  It was only a temporary measure as I was staying there "between houses".  I've still got credit on the account that I'm trying to use up!! (Currently use PN and VoIP to phone abroad - now phone my brother for 0p/min!!!)
I was only trying to point out the PN still allow indirect access codes (not to go into the merits and demerits of specific providers) as some of the services on Martin Lewis's site use IA codes.
Sorry if I was teaching you to suck eggs  Smiley
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

That's OK, haven't eaten enough of them lately anyway Grin Shocked
jmd
Grafter

Just to say thanks for advice but have discovered that the chalet that my sister & husband are staying in for another 6 weeks does not even have a phone never mind internet access!
The number they gave me is for  emergencies and belongs to the chap who owns the chalet who actually lives 30 minutes down the hill!
My sister rang me the other evening from a call box in village so don't know what that cost her!
Am using occasional text on mobile to communicate now.