Did you mean: 

An Anomoly Regarding New Phone Package Statement

FIXED
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: An Anomoly Regarding New Phone Package Statement

Was just about to respond saying both accounts are updated now but you both beat me to it.

As advised on the tickets, I've issued refunds against a previous invoice to cover the pro-rata charges that have been generated off the back of me changing the packages this way.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
DDay44

I too am having the same problem.

Currently I am on Talk Anytime Call package and on 1 September I asked to be put on the "Unlimited UK and Mobile calls Package"

Initially (1 September) I was told that it would be operational at my next billing date (1st October)

Then I was told it could not be done as I have Line Rental Saver (LRS), but I could not see anything on the PluNet website that restricted it being in use with this new package. In fact quite the reverse, it advocates using LRS and says that a change in call package can be done provided it has not been done in the last 30 days.

After a further call mentioning that you had managed to get the package changed, they said it should be possible. Yet, on a further chase up call, another Customer Advisor stuck to the line "I cannot change it as it does not show up"

Finally last night I was assured that they would look at this topic to see what you were able to do!! So I am now asking you for help directly.

Could you enable my call package to be changed to the new "Unlimited UK and Mobile calls" Package as you have done for @jack21, @JohnofYork, @russelld49 and @dave64?

Many thanks.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @DDay44 Welcome to the forums.

I'm sorry to say that moving forward I won't be able to change the call packages as I did for the others on this thread.

All I can advise is that we should be able to add the call plan for you once your LRS has expired.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
DDay44

@HarryB Thank you for your reply.

I am somewhat confused.
May I ask why it was possible for you get the call packages changed for the previous 4 members/customers of PlusNet and not for me?
As I have previously said - there are NO MENTIONS of any restrictions about LRS anywhere where this new call package is advertised and discussed.
To help pursue this further, it would be very helpful to know why the others were allowed to have their packages changed, even though they had LRS in operation.in similar circumstances to me

Thanks
JohnofYork
Grafter

it is indeed confusing.

Under Anytime it says:

"This call plan was withdrawn from sale to new customers on 1st September 2016. Existing customers on this plan can continue to benefit from its features, or upgrade to one of our current call plans."

(from https://www.plus.net/help/legal/residential-phone-tariffs/#tv-price-guide)

that same page makes no mention at all of Line Rental Saver.

mind, if I try and upgrade online, there are no new choices available for the Call Plans.

However, if it is a feature that you cannot change Call Plans if you are on LRS, it should be made much clearer.

How hard is it to update a web-page? My four-year old nephew could probably do it within the hour.

JohnofYork
Grafter

and at https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/line-rental-saver/, under LRS FAQ's

it says:

"Can I change my call plan?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'll certainly be passing feedback on regarding this.

However I unfortunately will not be able to make the change using the same method as I used for the previous accounts due to problems it can potentially create elsewhere.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
DDay44

@JohnofYork Many thanks for the info - you managed to put some of what I had read as well, in a very concise way which has helped in my discussions with Customer Services.

@HarryB Eventually, I managed to escalate the problem and have reached an amicable settlement.

This has been a nightmare and it was agreed with a CS Advisor that this situation i.e. LRS and wanting to change to one of the new call packages, was not envisaged by PlusNet !!

I hope that PlusNet add some information on their website to clarify the situation if you have LRS already,
Existing LRS - Can change to any of the packages EXISTING AT THE TIME LRS was taken out, NOT NEW
No LRS - Can change to any current call package, THEN ADD LRS !

Thanks again everyone.
JackieO

When I signed up with Plusnet Anytime a couple of months ago, I was informed by customer services that I would be able to add mobile calls for an additional £1.50, taking the total to what would by then be £8 per month.  Customer services volunteered thus information as it being an advantage of signing up to Anytime.  I agreed to join Plusnet under these conditions and then paid my LRS over the phone!  Why were customer services selling this as an option to new customers?  I feel totally misled and let down by Plusnet.  

chroma2000
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I joined PlusNet way back when it was independent. Customer service was much better then and you could actually raise your own service tickets and get replies. It was inevitable that BTs influence would be to the detriment of this.

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

@HarryB wrote:

Hi @DDay44 Welcome to the forums.

I'm sorry to say that moving forward I won't be able to change the call packages as I did for the others on this thread.

All I can advise is that we should be able to add the call plan for you once your LRS has expired.

@HarryB By not been able  to change call package this is a clear breach of the PN terms and conditions, Seems customer are been fobbed off , because of PN poorly designed systems. 

https://www.plus.net/help/legal/terms/

8. Call plans and call features

8.1. If you want to change your call plan or call features you may request this at any time and the change will happen from your next billing date. This won't affect your minimum term for the service. Charges for the new call plan or call features will be payable as set out in the Price Guide.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@ITWorks wrote:

@HarryB By not been able  to change call package this is a clear breach of the PN terms and conditions, Seems customer are been fobbed off , because of PN poorly designed systems.

I believe my comments on the other thread where we are discussing this, addresses this comment.

@HarryB wrote:
@MisterW wrote:

It certainly disagrees with the LRS faq https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/line-rental-saver-faq/ which says you can change call plans

Yes, normal rules for call plan changes apply, you can change your call plan at any time, so long as you've not changed it in the previous 30 days.

It doesn't disagree with the LRS FAQ.

@MisterW wrote:

Now that sounds ok for people who subscribed before Sept 2016 since they can access the old call plans

@MisterW wrote:

but what about people who subscribed after that? They can presumably only access the new call plans and therefore can't change if they have LRS.

If the customer has LRS and is on a legacy phone package with a prefix (for example Talk Anytime, or Plusnet Evenings & Weekends) they will not be able to move onto one of the new plans till their current LRS expires, at which point they will need to contact us to arrange the package change.

If someone subscribed after this, they would be on a new call plan and I believe they can still change between the new call plans while LRS is active.

EDIT:

@ITWorks - I was writing this response when you posted your previous reply.

@ITWorks wrote:

It seems like a complete oversight by PN , why would you you allow new call plans to be added, that have zero flexibility with your LRS, seems this was clearly not tested before the new packages was launched. 

Which is also against the T and C of the contract.

If i am a new customer after the package change , and add a call plan , i then decided to add LRS , i then decide i want to remove/change  the call plan as per the T and C , i can not as the system will not all it , a very clear breach of the T and C.

A response PN would be appreciated

I believe my comments above answer this.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet