cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIFA 13 unacceptable LAG

Froug
Grafter

Re: FIFA 13 PS3 Online Lag - Please Help!!

I've been having exactly the same problem:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,113280.0.html
I've narrowed it down to downloading/streaming increase latency into the 100s of ms, making ANY gaming pointless. I'd be interested to know if your problem is the same. The latency starts at the PN gateway, and therefore affects all/any games. I didn't have this problem with my previous ISP (BE). PN will be disabling interleaving today on my line. Keep an eye on my thread to see how it goes.
JIO22
Grafter

Thanks for the info Froug.  The guys at PN are testing the game now, I'm not totally sure what the problem is but lots have things have been tried in the past and the issues have been going on for a very long time.
To be fair the guys at PN have helped throughout, still been a long time waiting though.  Hopefully, soon it will be fixed.
flaminmoses
Grafter

really bad today.
when gignac from marseille sprints past a much pacier fullback you know something isnt right.
getting really frsustrating seeing opposition player look like they are on speed compared to mine who look like they are on sedatives.
last few months has been so hit n miss its so sad.
not confined to fifa either.
on black ops i cant play hardcore or rather anything other than team death match on core because the game is almost unplayable with me getting shot when i havent even seen a player in front of me.
really not happy now.
please do something or you wont see me for dust when my contract is up.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 6

We've just been testing the game out with EA (in Canada), we had a couple of brief bits of lag in the 2nd half of one game but nothing that would stop us from playing. We've also played against a couple of people in Germany and Saudi Arabia and all OK.
Is anyone who's having problem available tomorrow between about 11am and 5pm to play against us and see if we can replicate what you're seeing? At the moment we can't see anything wrong but we may not be replicating the exact game options or conditions to notice the problem.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 6

We've managed to replicate against a guy in Norway. Of note, we've not yet managed to play against anyone in the UK, they all seem to be in Germany, Italy, Norway, Saudi Arabia or Spain. Is this same for everyone else?
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Well, I just tried it out to get a sense of what you guys are talking about.  No idea how to play it, but assuming you move the analog pad to make them run, x to pass and o to shoot, I was finding that my players could in no way keep up with the other players at all.  It seemed very smooth, no juddering like we were seeing on the earlier matches, but it felt like playing in treacle, almost as if the players would start running and then decide that they'd fancy jogging instead!
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
flaminmoses
Grafter

not sure how you can work out what wrong by just playing unless you've seen one of us play.
problems im having is switching players when on manual switching.
the opposition being able to sprint towards the ;landing point of the ball and nearly get there even on a long pass....it means you have to constantly turn away.
the only other way around this is to do quick first time passing to throw em off....but the passing is very erratic when the connection is hindering you.
the game may seem ok to play to some but the difference to me at that level is easy to see.
also another thing is holding the power button on crosses yet they barely make the near post !!!!....then you over hit them because you think you have to hold it even longer.
i would have put it down to fifa but black ops has problems for me in the non core teamdeath matches....even those arent always perfect.
whats the contention on plusnet??  1/20 1/50???
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: FIFA 13 unacceptable LAG

Two topics on essentially the same subject merged
reece251
Grafter

I'm from the UK and would love to take part in any tests. The only issue is the engineer wwon't be setting up everything till the 9th of this month. And my broadband services won't be activated until at least the 18th of April.
JIO22
Grafter

Has my case been merged into this one PN???  It's not here anymore.
My problems are here 99% of the time.  Usually paired against other people to play who are not in the UK, this is in FUT game mode where I have all my problems, not so sure on the other online modes as I don't play them really. 
Was the testing done on the FUT mode?
It is Important that it was, I think there are different servers/P2P used for the different online modes...
The lag I have is on every aspect of the game - running in treacle most definatly, delayed passing, shooting, dribbling, GK actions slow, the computer AI players are effected on this too so defenders running the wrong way as the sync just is not there etc etc, basically every notion and movement I am hampered by delay, and very often spend the entire game chasing shadows and get goal after goal after goal scored against me.  I have played FIFA for probably 15 years and since it came out, and been playing online for several years now, and I can say there is most definatly lag problems.
For sure my line can be tested, Chris Pettitt is personally dealing with my case at present.  Let me know what is happening next?  If this is what he wants to do?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Will you be free tomorrow afternoon at all? I'd like to set up a game with you ideally.
JIO22
Grafter

Hi Chris,
Currently at work now (working nights), will back in the morning then for a short sleep, I will be out some of the afternoon.  I may be able to make some part of the afternoon but not sure yet or the evening would be easier, if you can do this at all?
Thanks,
Ben.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Okay. I can be available whenever you are free. I will be in from 11am tomorrow. Send me a PM when you're free and we will sort something out.
jagandeep1

Think ill just leave my input here if it will help at all.
The person above posted this:
"problems im having is switching players when on manual switching.
the opposition being able to sprint towards the ;landing point of the ball and nearly get there even on a long pass....it means you have to constantly turn away.
the only other way around this is to do quick first time passing to throw em off....but the passing is very erratic when the connection is hindering you.
the game may seem ok to play to some but the difference to me at that level is easy to see.
also another thing is holding the power button on crosses yet they barely make the near post !!!!....then you over hit them because you think you have to hold it even longer.
i would have put it down to fifa but black ops has problems for me in the non core teamdeath matches....even those arent always perfect.
whats the contention on plusnet??  1/20 1/50???"
I think these problems are not due to connection issues but is the way in which you are defending and containing your players. These things in bold can be remedied by switching to auto-switching in the in game settings and changing your crossing to assisted, again in-game settings.
Having read more from people in this thread:
"when gignac from marseille sprints past a much pacier fullback you know something isnt right."
This is in game mechanics and not lag. If you look at the players attributes, some of the players have insane sprint stats i.e. Lennon, Walcott etc
http://www.futwiz.com/player-data/2597
http://www.futwiz.com/player-data/11891
http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/1997590.page
" Left the game completely frustrated and annoyed and gutted after 1 horrendous game, after being completely outplayed by my opponent, who had a far weaker team than me (Bronze team equal to a league 2 side - my team is full of Brazilian internationals), the huge handicap I had because of the massive lag was horrendous it totally ruins this game for me."
I dont think this is down to lag at all. This handicap has been happening since fifa 10 and is just more noticable in this latest fifa. Although EA do not acknowledge there is a handicap, there clearly is and it does not go unnoticed over on the official Fifa forums. I have linked some threads below which are just a few of the hundreds on the site:
http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/2266204.page#23421326
http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/1974270.page#20053503
http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/1943561.page#19803555
http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/1970246.page#20022041
Also:
"I was finding that my players could in no way keep up with the other players at all.  It seemed very smooth, no juddering like we were seeing on the earlier matches, but it felt like playing in treacle, almost as if the players would start running and then decide that they'd fancy jogging instead!"
You need to hold RT or R2  Smiley
Another person posted:
"Was the testing done on the FUT mode? It is Important that it was, I think there are different servers/P2P used for the different online modes..."
I think this could give some of you plusnet guys a brief overview on the connection strength. Before you start a game you are presented with:

In terms of lag and stuttering, it's usually when somebody on one side has a bad connection, an example:

As for Black Ops, if one person in your game lobby has a bad connection, lag compensation kicks in big time and either the host will migrate to somebody with a better connection or you will be stuck with a bad game. This lag compensation has plagued the official Call of Duty forums for some time now, especially for the PC version of the game which only has ~15,000 players on at peak time now because of this because of lack of dedicated servers that were promised.
Hope this was of some help.
JIO22
Grafter

Ok great, will do.
Chris, to get the full correct testing for my problems the game mode we will have to test is in Ultimate Team within FIFA.  For this if you haven't already, will need to create a team/squad of a decent calibre so speed etc is not a mere syptom of difference in player abilities within the game.  By all means we can do the other online game modes to see if you want to anyway, but this may not give you the correct information.
This is the game mode I play, and is where all my issues have been with the bad lag, the lag isn't freezing (only sometimes), so on a visual note from your end looking at my players on the screen you probably are not going to see the lag visualy, I don't know though?  It is my control from my actions on the pad to what happens on the screen and trying to keep up with my opponents.
Hope thiis makes sense.  I will mail you tomorrow.