cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When you wait 4 months for BT, and suddenly the poles go up without warning....

FIXED
FxAxF
Rising Star

Re: When you wait 4 months for BT, and suddenly the poles go up without warning....

Yep, just got off the phone with my better half, she confirmed that he said the same to her. I left everything connected up this morning (cat5) into my PC as a wired test station. I'm back home again in 90 minutes so I can test myself, but she's pretty clued up anyway. I'd expect her to spot if something was awry...

I've been able to work with the router so far, both wired and wifi....so everything connected to the router must be OK. The PON light on the ONT has been fine, as has the PORT1 light so suggesting that the ONT is communicating 'happily' with the router as well.

Unfortunately all my old routers at home don't have a RJ45 WAN port so I can't try a different router yet. If I can get hold of one tomorrow I'll give it a try. Will also try the "direct to PC" method of PPPoE as well, could rule out anything else.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: When you wait 4 months for BT, and suddenly the poles go up without warning....

Great success, we can see an active connection from your FTTP circuit.

We can also see an active connection from your ADSL service too. Are you happy for me to cease that now?

[edit]

@RobPN wrote:

You're welcome to check my account details and see such a rarity with your own eyes 'in the flesh', as they say.  Smiley

*opens account like a dusty book* Tongue

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
FxAxF
Rising Star

Sounds exciting! Let me get back home by 16:45 and I'll send you a shout Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fingers crossed because I've been waiting for this day for a long time (And I'm sure you have for longer).

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
FxAxF
Rising Star

Home now and it appears to be fixed:

speedtest_1_8_18.png

The change made was to the network cable supplied by BT as part of the ONT package. I don't think I've had a network cable be the root cause for 18 years, and that was an old cable...not a brand new one!

Thanks for the support on this one since February! Will close the ticket but stay in touch here so you know that it's all progressing well.

Now all I need is another weekly 5gb PUBG patch to stress test it Cool_smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Fantastic, I mean...

Enjoy your new speeds and feel free to let me know over here if you need any further help.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
FxAxF
Rising Star

...and now your Borat meme is a "Confirmed Fix"...congratulations! Azn

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Past (Or Present?) Anoush evidently doesn't think things through and future Anoush has to deal with the consequences. Tongue
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet