cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to full fibre and equipment setup

j_s
Dabbler

Re: Upgrade to full fibre and equipment setup

I believe the 29th Sept was a guaranteed date, so no later than that. Based upon my original order and it taking 4 days to turn up instead of the likely 2 weeks, I expect I will see an engineer much sooner. It's not like I don't have a connection already so I'm not too bothered.

j_s
Dabbler

Still waiting for an install, supposedly there was an internal appointment today, whatever that means. But then I got an email earlier to say 29th still so I am not sure on what is going on.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, I'm so sorry for the confusion, the appointment today was an external one, not internal so apologies that we've communicated that entirely wrongly with you. The appointment on the 29th is for the service to be installed.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
j_s
Dabbler

Hi Adam

It wasn't you I spoke to earlier was it (on the phone)

If external does that mean someone is sorting out the fibre cable from the pole in some way or something completely different?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Some of the recent FTTP enabled areas have an 'Install process' shown (on the Bt wholesale checker https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL ) as 'KCI2 Assure' as opposed to the earlier '1 Stage' or '2 Stage'. Under this new process , Openreach perform a 'survey' to check there are no installation problems , like blocked ducts, and determine what work may be required, before they 'commit' to an install date.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@j_s  An external appointment is to get the fibre from an underground or pole mounted CBT to your premises. Have you seen any Openreach engineers about?

j_s
Dabbler

@MisterW  and @RealAleMadrid 

No sign of engineer and checks and fixes to ducts already done a month and a half ago, rope is already pulled through from chamber to current entry point to house, engineer just has to attach fibre to rope and pull through.

They had to dig up just off my drive way as new ducting wasn't Tee'd in to our existing duct when engineers tried to get a rod through in July.

I am a patient person but a month a half to come and do the final installation when the hard work was already done so long ago seems a long time when initially the engineer was ready to fit it 4 days after my order back in July. I can only put it down to increased orders for Openreach to attend to since then I guess.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@j_s That's not good, looks like something's gone wrong with the appointments, unfortunately when they don't show up it usually means another unspecified delay. I would pester Plusnet to ask for an escalation as you have been waiting for a long time already. It the duct is ready it would be a quick job.

Edit:  Having read @adamwalker's post it sounds like there was no need for an external visit so the install could be done on the 29th.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there,

I'm really sorry for the long wait to have an engineer carry out the installation.

I've had a look at your order and can see it's on track for 29th September between 1pm to 6pm still.

Unfortunately the delay would be due to engineer availability to carry out this type of work. 

Fingers crossed all goes smoothly on the day. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
j_s
Dabbler

Ok thanks @Gandalf 

j_s
Dabbler

Now connected, download speed is still old speed but support has said this should change by the end of the day. Upload is now 70mbps. 

@Gandalf  My static IP address I had before is still showing on the new fibre connection, I assume this will remain as I really need it for various work firewall rules.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cool. Aye the static IP will carry across once the account change completes tonight. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
j_s
Dabbler

Cheers @Gandalf 

The account has now changed and I'm getting 287mbps/71mbps on my phone, not tested wired yet but will do so tomorrow.

Engineer removed the copper line for me but we couldn't use the existing hole as when I refurbished our lounge in the end which is a bit of a pain, we repositioned the copper and it was fed up into a socket backbox so we couldn't see a way of running the fibre without potentially breaking the fibre at some of the angles required.

j_s
Dabbler

@Gandalf What should I do with my old Plusnet router from old FTTC connection? It was only used a couple of times and has been in original box for most of it's life.

thanks.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Speeds looking good! I’m jealous. Cheesy

Return the router to us and we’ll reuse or recycle it: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/returns/

Cheers

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet