cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still a trial?

geduk

Still a trial?

I can now get BT infinity at home in West Ham, London.
I've just rung plusnet support for a MAC key to move, but was told about this (though wasn't told it was a trial!).
My questions are:
is this still a trial, which presumably means no recourse if it goes down?
what's the price, are there different options?
What are the dowload limits, if any?
How do I find out if I'd get FTTC or FTTP?
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
geduk

Re: Still a trial?

OK, I've found out from BT wholesale's checker that it's FTTC
hulls
Grafter

Hi
I'm sure someone from PN will be along soon, but I am on the FTTC trial at the moment (yes it's still a trial) You would remain on your current package in terms of cost and download limits etc, and although of course you will be given the "trial" caveat, I haven't had any problems with the connection.  You'll have to have the BT engineer manually connect you up (PN foots the bill), and a new modem and router (supplied).
Have a look at the trial threads for further info.
John
geduk

Yeah, I just managed to get back through to customer support (after the lunchtime mad rush died down) and they told me basically the same thing.
Essentially, BT come out and do the work they would have done anyway if I'd have gone through infinity, but I pay plusnet instead? Certainly worth thinking about
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Yep, that pretty much sums it up. The main thing from our side to consider is that like John says from our perspective it is still a trial and things can go wrong. We have just passed through the 300 mark on the trial so we're getting bigger but still not huge numbers and consequently not everyone in the support team is trained yet so if things do go wrong then it may take longer than normal to fix them.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology