Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slowness issues after contract renewal

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Slowness issues after contract renewal

No worries. Glad to hear it's back to normal.

For the record I increased the speed profile on your account from 37000kbps to 80000kbps but it needed the connection dropping to take effect.

Based on what you've said it looks like your connection didn't drop the first time you rebooted your router today.

To hopefully stop this from happening in future I'm moving your account to the correct 80mbps product which is Unlimited Fibre Extra, keeping your costs the same as per your contract.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
YellaFella
Grafter

What should I do next year when I get asked to renew contract or if I don’t, would it just be the same cost but rolling? This is the first time I’ve been asked to renew contract in a long time.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

To be honest we shouldn't have asked you to renew your contract because as far as I'm aware we shouldn't recontract FTTP.

However once your new minimum term/discounts expire then you'll be paying the standard price of Unlimited Fibre Extra (Without Phone) which is currently £23.49.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
YellaFella
Grafter

But this is what I was saying, my speed and price was fine as the only reason all this happened was I was asked to renew my contract. This doesn’t help as the price is gonna go up again and more this time, and the only workaround now is to move me on to the highest package to get me back on to the speed I had prior to all of this. Is this the only fix, can’t I be put back on the speed I was on prior, as that was the same package I was on without having to change.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It's essentially the right package, the one you're on currently is a legacy 40/10 package provisioned on 80/20.

As per above I've fixed the speed issue for you but to stop this from happening in future I'm correcting the problem.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
YellaFella
Grafter

Thanks for sorting that out, just from what you’re saying. I shouldn’t be asked to renew because I’m on FTTP. But the price is gonna go up again when I’m out of contract? Can I no longer pay what I’m paying now and have that speed? All because of renewing me which I shouldn’t have had to renew in the first place.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Just tried to call you to discuss this but there was no answer. 

I've stopped the product change for now, could you advise the best time for a call and PM me the best contact number?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
YellaFella
Grafter

Hi Gandalf, I had a withheld number so probably why I never answered and there was no left voicemail of who called. Today will be good. Will send you PM now.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No worries at all.

I'll reply to your PM shortly.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks again for your time on the phone @YellaFella

I've emailed you a response which can also be found Here, following our conversation. 

If you have any further queries or concerns, please let us know.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet