Did you mean: 

Poor FTTP performance

FIXED
bigsimes
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Re: Poor FTTP performance

@MatthewWheeler

thanks for the update. clearly the BT tests show something not being right, and poor performance for a FTTP install.

If the team could send any appointment requests to the registered email address my FIL should pick them up.

Thanks

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 50

@bigsimes

PlusNet were / are going to check today to see if there's a capacity issue on the network.

One other thing you could try is re-booting the ONT to see if that makes a difference. If you have a new style box (combined ONT & BBU) there is a reset pin hole on the left hand side of the unit about one third of the way down. You can see it here (you need to click through to the manufacture's guide).

https://www.ournetwork.openreach.co.uk/news/new-equipment-for-installing-ultrafast-broadband-in-newl...

Brian

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

They've checked and there isn't any capacity issues reported I'm afraid.

It's going to be a hard one to progress as the issue may not necessarily happen whilst the engineer is there.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
bigsimes
Grafter

@MatthewWheeler

thank you for the update.

Its pretty consistent at the moment. Never appears to get above 9mbps which is dreadful for a FTTP which is reporting potential of 40mps+

I guess next steps are engineer or more testing?

bigsimes
Grafter

@bmc

Many thanks.

I think it is combined - but will check. Maybe able to pop over later tonight or tomorrow and take a look.

cheers

Simon

bigsimes
Grafter

Fix

@bmc @MatthewWheeler @MasterOfReality @Gandalf

Many thanks guys for suggestions and help these past couple of week. Openreach attended today and all now looks ok.

The fibres appeared ok, when tested. BT changed the router for one of their Hub5 and things seemed ok but not much better. We put the PN router back on and reran the tests, still not much better. They then plugged their laptop into router and oddly the speed reported was up. We retested the internal PC and *bang* was getting 38mbps download.

When I left much later the speed was reporting 90+mbps which is fantastic - wish I could get that kinda speed - even over the wifi which isn't the best in his house.

So the exact issue - not sure - just seemed to speed up once they plugged in, maybe one of the cables was 'loose' which resulted in poor speed. 

I now have a happy FIL.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 97

We happy to hear that @bigsimes. Please don't hesitate to get back to us should you need any further assistance.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team