Many thanks

Simon

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 50

Re: Poor FTTP performance

@bigsimes wrote:

@bmc

Hi Brian, I don't think he has. Who do I ask for this?

Kr

Simon

@Gandalf @MasterOfReality

I've tagged a couple of staff members so hopefully one will pick up on this and send the Service ID to your FIL

Given the test requires you to switch off WiFI and re-boot the router I'd suggest you really need to be present rather than doing it remotely.

Brian

bigsimes
Grafter
Fixes: 1

@bmc

Many thanks. I can pop over one Evening and run this/these.

cheers

Simon

bmc
Hero

@bigsimes @Gandalf

Don't make a special trip until you're sure you have the Service ID. I had hoped one of the staff members I tagged would respond and say it had been sent.

You said you had an Open support ticket. You could update that asking for the Service ID if not received some time today.

Brian

bigsimes
Grafter

@bmc

Hi Brian,

I did update the ticket yesterday with a request for the service ID to be supplied so we could run tests. As yet nothing has been provided.

Ticket is still waiting for a team member to respond.

Many thanks

Simon

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, I've dropped you a reply to the open ticket on your account with the info you were asking for. - Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
bigsimes
Grafter

@adamwalker

Many thanks. I've picked this up. Will look to rerun the BT tests using this for the further tests page.

Will report back to the ticket with the findings

Simon

bigsimes
Grafter

@adamwalker @bmc

I'm at FIL to run the tests.

I'm at the point where I need to change the broadband username to be the ones for BT test, but cannot see anyway to change the details on the Plusnet Hub One. These appear to be preset with no option to change.

anyone got ideas how to do this?

Thanks

bmc
Hero

@bigsimes

Can't help you on this one. Just had a look at my router and can't see anyway to change setup. Not certain which test you're running.

The BT Wholesale speed check doesn't appear to need this.

Brian

bigsimes
Grafter

@bmc

Hi, I've managed to solve the HunOne bit - you have to disconnect the service (logout) then the option to change the user details are shown.

When you run the BT wholesale tests - after the second test, there is an option to run further tests which require you to logout of the plusnet service and enter speedtest@speedtest_domain as the user ID to complete the tests - I assume this is what you were referring to earlier when you said I needed to be at the router to complete. 

I've got the screen shots to show the continued poor performance and the error from BT tests. Will upload here and to the PN ticket.

Thanks

bigsimes
Grafter

Screen shots of BT wholesale tests.

Last screen shot shows error when trying to run the further tests option with the speedtest@speedtest_domain login as requested by the testing process.

bmc
Hero

@bigsimes

Assuming your support ticket is a fault report then PlusNet now have the evidence to take this up with OpenReach. You'll just need to wait for a response on your ticket.

I suspect an engineer visit will be required unless they find something on the system side.

Brian

bigsimes
Grafter

@bmc

I have an open ticket for the fault as per suggestion by @Gandalf previously. I've uploaded the screenshots there too for completeness.

Not had any response to the fault on the ticket yet despite it being logged on Thursday - would have expected some respone or update.

Will wait and see, and I'll update here as and when.

Regards

Simon

bmc
Hero

@bigsimes

Few PlusNet staff are trained up on FTTP matters (it's a trial after all) so it's just a case of waiting I'm afraid. They'll get here eventually!!!

Brian

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Our tests aren't showing any issues unfortunately so the next step may have to be to book a engineer however there's a team open on Monday who'll be able to check to see if there capacity issues

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team