Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet hub 2 or bt hub 2

FIXED
Gmmac
Dabbler

Plusnet hub 2 or bt hub 2

I have been using the bt hub 6 for many years because the plusnet hub 1 was pants , I now have full fibre is the bt hub 2 far better for WiFi than plusnet hub 2 ?? Many thanks
3 REPLIES 3
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Plusnet hub 2 or bt hub 2

Do you mean the BT Smart Hub aka Hub 6? I think that's pretty much the same as a PN Hub 2 for WiFi EXCEPT you can give different names to the two bands.

One reason I'll probably use the Smart Hub/6 I have rather than the Hub2 PN sent me when my SOGEA/FTTC line is installed tomorrow. 🙂

Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

Fix

@Gmmac 

No, they both use the same hardware so will be the same. The Hub 2 will automatically configure.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

geev

Yes, PN Hub 2 automatically configured during today's FTTP upgrade here, completed in one hour, at 1pm .
The Open Reach Optical Network Terminal (ONT) , S/N ALCLFDxxxxxx cm dimension ~ 9 x 8 x 3 , works well as expected.

[" it seems that the device is likely an ONT (Optical Network Terminal) produced by Alcatel-Lucent (now part of Nokia). The "ALCLFD" prefix in the serial number suggests that it may be associated with Alcatel-Lucent's product line" ] --search result

So, is that ONT model made by Alcatel or Huawei?