cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help! Cannot report fault - internet down every evening

fstride90

Please help! Cannot report fault - internet down every evening

My internet seems to go down pretty much every evening! I’m trying to report the fault but I have very poor phone signal so without the internet I can’t call.

I’ve tried using the website https://faults.plus.net, I can log in but on the very first page it says “Our records show your broadband's supplied on , is this correct?” I have to select yes to go any further, after that it auto fills contact details which are all correct and every field is filled but when I click next it comes up with the errors “Please enter daytime phone number
Please enter evening time phone number” there is nowhere to fill in this information! No boxes to input! So I am unable to move forward at all.

I have also tried texting HELP to 07800 008121 but it says it’s “unable to auto match this mobile with a phone/broadband account. Please provide a full phone number including area code of the affected service to enable us to investigate.”
The phone number I’m using to text is the number listed on my account and I don’t have a landline, just broadband so I can’t reply! It does also give the option of texting ADVISOR but they are only available during the opening hours of 8am - 7:30pm and it happens every night around 7:30pm!

How can I report this? The fault is so bad that the internet won’t work at all from around 7:30pm till 4am the next day! Every day! I work full time so don’t get to see much during the day, I think it is better but the event log shows it does go down during the day too.
17 REPLIES 17
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 259

Re: Please help! Cannot report fault - internet down every evening

@fstride90 I can see your problem there. Which Hub/router are you using? Posting on here will possibly be your best option, but we (other customers who try to help) will need to ask questions.

What product are you on - Unlimited Fibre/Unlimited Fibre Extra/ADSL or full Fibre?

John
fstride90

Thank you!

It’s the Hub Two and my product is full fibre 145
jab1
Legend

Ah, right -not something I'm that used to, but what happens, if anything, to the lights on the ONT when you have this problem?

John
fstride90

The lights are orange
jab1
Legend

On your Hub, or the ONT it plugs into?

John
Mav
Fixes: 516

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from Broadband to Full Fibre.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Hi @fstride90
As you are on Full Fibre Plusnet will not be suppling you a phone service.
What is your home phone number set to on: https://www.plus.net/member-centre/account
If it is populated with a number try setting it to all zeros and populate the mobile phone number with the mobile number you use to access the SMS based fault reporting.

Regards
Richard
RichardB
Seasoned Champion

I should have added after setting the phone numbers in the member centre, then try the SMS fault reporting again.
As @jab1 stated it would be infomative if you could make a note of the ONT lights when the internet drops out.
See:
https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/full-fibre/#collapse-what-do-the-ligh...
For more information on the ONT lights.
Regards
Richard
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 410

The lights are orange 

Must be the router, the ONT doesnt have an orange light, they're either off, green or red

What is your home phone number set to on

AIUI the phone number is normally all zeros on an FTTP account, mine certainly is...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

As an aside, I don't think either faults.plus.net or the bot are actually designed to cope with an FTTP installation - but ICBW.

John
RichardB
Seasoned Champion

@MisterW
My account showed the old PTSN number after switching to FTTP.
After a few months I edited the number to all zeros.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@RichardB was your upgrade an automated order ? Mine was a complicated one, done as part of a home move and was done manually by our resident 'wizard'

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

fstride90

Sorry yes hub light is orange, ONT lights are green (power solid green, LOS off, PON and LAN mostly solid but sporadically flashing off then on again - I think this is what all lights do when internet is working)

Members area doesn’t say home number just “telephone” and “mobile” both were set to my mobile number but I’ve now changed “telephone” to all zeros, is this right?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Sorry yes hub light is orange,

@fstride90 that's typically an authentication issue. I'm confused as to how that can be intermittant, especially on FTTP ?

When it next happens can you export the Hub 2 log and post it here as a csv . There might be clue in there...