Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Line:

gm4jjj
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Re: Phone Line:

I understand from a friend on the FTTP trial that Openreach are supplying and fitting a battery backup unit for the fibre modem so that Fibre Voice Access will still work during power outages (otherwise in an emergency you wouldn't be able to telephone 999), which seems rather a waste if PN are not providing or trialling FVA.
This is only of academic interest to me as I doubt that I will ever see FTTP here, being stuck with FTTC at 30/5 speeds, but if I could get FTTP I would want my old copper line disconnected and FVA instead  as it reduces the risk of lightning damage to equipment in the house.
It is ironic that recently the main road outside our house has been disrupted while Scottish Power dug a trench for installing ducting to blow fibre, apparently it is for their own network and is going several miles to the Longannet power station which is about to closed as it is coal fired.
rsurfin
Hooked

@Matty
Hi Matty
FTTP faultless but don't use landline. 
Can I please cancel line rental?
Thanks
R
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi rsurfin,
I've scheduled that on your account for you.
The line will stop working in the next few days and then around a week after that the phone component should remove itself from the account, at which point you'll be charged broadband only prices for the FTTP.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jim1985
Grafter

I would like to request that my phone line is ceased as well please.

I recently recontracted my phone line and broadband account but I have absolutely no need for the phone line, I only had it as I thought it was required for broadband purposes but I am now aware that a phone line is not required for an FTTP broadband connection.
This needs to be made much clearer as had I been aware of this I would have simply recontracted my broadband account and had the phone line ceased.
rsurfin
Hooked

Morning Harry
Thanks yet again for great service. 
Really appreciate all the professional help from Plusnet. 
Cheers
Roll_eyes
hmarshy
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi
I am considering dumping my phone line which is with BT but I am finding different TOCs on the page that Matty posted in reply #15 on 24th Feb, for customers who signed up to FTTP before 17th November 2014.
I signed up to the FTTP trial in November 2010 so do the older TOCs apply to me?
In them there is mention about keeping ADSL active:
For customers registering for the trial before 1st February 2012 we will continue to supply you with your existing ADSL service for the duration of the trial at no additional charge. At the end of the trial we will ask you to cease either the FTTP or ADSL service or begin a second subscription to pay for both services. Customers registering on or after 1st February 2012 will need to pay for both services if they wish to keep their ADSL service.
I pay BT annual line rental and I've got a little over 2 months remaining, so I am trying to sort out my options which are:

• 1. Migrate my phone line from BT to Plusnet

• 2. Use VOIP via an ATA, like georgelnx mentioned earlier in this post

• 3. Use a mobile WiFi calling service - no mobile signal in my house!

Quite a bit of research still to be done, but I have time!  Smiley
So, the bottom line is, can I cease my landline telephone service?
Cheers
Howard
hmarshy
Rising Star

Hi
Please can someone from Plusnet reply to my query regarding the TOCs for ADSL?
I'm favouring the mobile WIFi calling service and will need to contact BT to cancel my land line.
Cheers
Howard
hmarshy
Rising Star

Hello!
2 weeks have gone by from my last post and 4 weeks from my original query and no-one is responding.
What do I have to do to get a response?
I thought I had plenty of time to sort this out, but well, I haven't now!  Angry
Looks like I'll just have to risk it, go ahead with my plans and then see what happens, if anything.
Cheers
Howard
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Apologies for the delayed response.
I've made sure it's noted up on your account to not close the account if your phone line is ceased as you are on the FTTP trial.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
drFishFlan
Grafter

Harry... Would you mind also removing my phone line from my account for me please.
If this is possible.
Thanks
ttattfield

Hi MattyC, as far as I know my line rental is coming to the end of contract (I previously paid up front for the year) can you tell me what I need to do to ensure that this is stopped as soon as the contract period ends and £2.50 is added to my FTTP bill, thank you?
MelRocks
Grafter

Hi there,
Quote from: drFishFlan
Harry... Would you mind also removing my phone line from my account for me please.

This has now been removed for you and will be ceased in the next 24 hours, the excess £2.50 on your bill will go through from your next billing date. Thanks.
Quote from: ttattfield
Hi MattyC, as far as I know my line rental is coming to the end of contract (I previously paid up front for the year) can you tell me what I need to do to ensure that this is stopped as soon as the contract period ends and £2.50 is added to my FTTP bill, thank you?

You would need to let us know when or just before the Line Rental Saver contracts expires and we can then arrange this. I will email you via your account with the specific date of the expiry.
Thanks.