cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating from FTTC to FTTP - any username change?

FIXED
larkim
Dabbler

Migrating from FTTC to FTTP - any username change?

A full fibre installation is taking place today for me, I don't use the Plusnet router as I've got a Deco M4 which currently gets the internet connection via an old BT Openreach modem.

In the Deco I have my existing plusnet username and password.

I presume when the fibre is installed and the ONT is connected to the Deco's appropriate ethernet port, the username and password will be the same for the full fibre service as it is for the FTTC service?  Is that correct?

My better half is the "appropriate adult" at home whilst the installation is taking place, so if anything needs adjusting I'll have to talk her through remotely.  (Or the engineer can just unpack the Hub 2 that I did get delivered as a backup option I suppose so she can have a usable connection today until I get home!)

5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 257

Re: Migrating from FTTC to FTTP - any username change?

Your credentials remain the same. The only thing that changes is the physical connection.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 403

Fix

@larkim you should be able to just disconnect the Deco from the modem and connect it to the ONT. It should then work without any changes.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

larkim
Dabbler

That's grand, thanks.  Feel better for having asked the question though.

I would have marked both replies as the fix too if I had had the chance.  Appreciate the rapid responses.

Will be intrigued to see what real world impact the faster connection really makes, as tbh I've never noticed any real lag on anything anyway which isn't explained by the local network speed rather than the WAN-side connection.

Though I guess my sons can expect their Steam downloads to be a touch faster 🙂

larkim
Dabbler

All done, nice and easy.  

Phone line still works though, which surprises me.  Assume it will disappear shortly though.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 403

Phone line still works though, which surprises me.

There's a day or two delay for the phone line 'cease' to take effect. Even after that you may still get a dialtone, as the line is unlikely to be physically disconnected , just 'stopped'

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.