cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May I join the FTTC Trial?

rlwhite

Re: May I join the FTTC Trial?

Is there any way to find out if my cabinet is scheduled for upgrade to FTTC?  I know (from the information published elsewhere) that the Exchange (Wilmslow) is due to be enabled for FTTC in September 2010, but I suspect that the cabinets in town will be the first to be upgraded.  Those customers with good ADSL speeds already will get better, those of us in the outlying areas will continue to get poor speeds Sad
Anything which could remove a few miles of damp string from the circuit would be a great help. 
I'm assuming that a mile of overhead cable (from the cabinet) rules out FTTP as an option  Wink
Thanks
Roger White
Be3G
Grafter

Poke your nose in to the main FTTC trial thread and ask Dave Tomlinson – he can't tell you when a cabinet is due to be upgraded, but he can tell you which cabinet you're on and whether it is destined to get the upgrade.
rlwhite

Many thanks.  I'll try the other thread.
Roger
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 6

Hi Roger,
Your line shows as being on cab 27 which at the moment says it won't be upgraded for FTTC unfortunately. It may get backfilled at a later date for FTTP when they start to look at doing that, but I suspect that's at least a year away.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
rlwhite

Thanks Dave.
It's kinda what I expected from BT - no interest in upgrading the outlying area which could really benefit from a better service.
Shame.  I shall just have to be really persistent with my fault ticket to get the sync speed back up above 2Mbps.  It would have been easier solution for everyone  Sad
Roger
KpLUnREAL
Dabbler

Ticket - 34457725 - Got a reply from plusnet today saying my exchange wasn't enabled at the moment , but it is 2 of my freinds have it and they just live below me so please recheck also samknows says it's enabled and bt wholesale when I checked a few days ago ,
Thanks
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi,
Can you check that we have the right phone number details in your account details in the member centre, I've checked the availability checker here:
http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
and for the phone number on your account it shows as not enabled and checking the exchange it returns on the list here:
http://community.plus.net/21cn-exchange-availability/
It's not listed. Do you know the phone numbers of your friends? If so can you check them in that checker as well and see if they show the same?
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
KpLUnREAL
Dabbler

One of my freinds is installed and running and the other is waiting on the engineer , they are on bt if that makes any difference .
samknows is saying fttc is enabled http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/NIMF and even when i input my freinds numbers it doesn't mention about fttc in anyway (BT Wholesale Checker) ?
I can give you these numbers if you want to find out , i can see the houses from my window like they are beside us pretty much ! 🙂 if it makes any difference bt only finished fttc setup about 5 - 6 days ago ?
dick:quote
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

KpLUnREAL - if you can PM me one of the numbers that's got FTTC I can see what's happening, I tried placing an order on your line but the BT systems showed it wasn't available.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
KpLUnREAL
Dabbler

Quote from: dave
KpLUnREAL - if you can PM me one of the numbers that's got FTTC I can see what's happening, I tried placing an order on your line but the BT systems showed it wasn't available.

PM sent  Smiley
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Ta, I'll check it tomorrow when I'm back in the office.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
KpLUnREAL
Dabbler

Ta, I'll check it tomorrow when I'm back in the office.

Thanks Very Much  Wink
KpLUnREAL
Dabbler

Checked the bt wholesale checker and it is showing I can recieve fttc 20 down 7.5 up , I got a screenshot if u need it thanks very much 
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

KpLUnREAL - sorted now, I flagged it in to Wholesale and it's now enabled and I've placed the order. Let me know if the appointment is OK.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
KpLUnREAL
Dabbler

KpLUnREAL - sorted now, I flagged it in to Wholesale and it's now enabled and I've placed the order. Let me know if the appointment is OK.

The appointment suits perfectly , thanks for everything 😉
Very happy with plusnet 🙂