cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May I join the FTTC Trial?

lightbeing

Re: May I join the FTTC Trial?

Hi,
I logged a request to join the FTTP trial on 27/1/2011 but have received no reply so far. The reason I joined  plus.net was on the advice of one of plus.nets technical support people. He assured me that I would be able to get onto the fttp trial within two weeks of moving onto plus.net after lodging a request.
I was part of the BT FTTP trial back in 2004 and as far as I know the fibre is is still intact. Could you please look into my case. I live in Bolbeck Park in Milton Keynes and my Exchange is Bradwell Abbey.
If it is the case that I cannot be part of the FTTP trial then this would be very disappointing for me and I would rather change back to my previous provider as the only reason I moved was because of the FTTP option.
Many thanks
Ali
atommat

Hi,
I registered my interest for FTTC trial back in dec 2010 but the FTTC date was moved to march. It is now complete in the LSBEC exchange. While I'd be more than happy to take part in the trial im a bit loathe to pay a monthly fee. Having registered my interest way before january, do i still qualify for the no charge trial?
mat
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

No.
The cut-off date for joining the original trial was Jan 2011 and your FTTC connection must have been enabled by BT by that date. After that date you can still join but have to pay an addition £12/month.
It may be more cost effective to wait until 19th April when the new fibre products are released  Wink
atommat

Bah.  Will sit tight then  Smiley
Thanks
mozman

Dont bother plusnet customer services is poor on this product when i went on the trial was told I would get 10 meg up but they have decided to cap it at 2 meg.
Go with another provider
mkdonspaul
Dabbler

Hello all.
Just joined Plusnet, have moved from BT.
Wondered if anyone had any news on the SMBA Bradwell Abbey exchange?
BT are running a fibre trial which seems to have stopped, but unlike the other exchanges serving Milton Keynes, no news on FTTC for Bradwell Abbey.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Dont bother plusnet customer services is poor on this product when i went on the trial was told I would get 10 meg up but they have decided to cap it at 2 meg.

That should not be the case, it's clear that this was a mistake. We need to get this cap removed for you. I'll make sure that's done ASAP.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_

That should not be the case, it's clear that this was a mistake. We need to get this cap removed for you. I'll make sure that's done ASAP.

An order was placed a day or two ago to uncap the upload. From what I can gather it completed during the early hours of this morning. @mozman, if you're not seeign this then give me a nudge and I'll look into it further.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Folks,
We've now closed the residential FTTC trial to any new applicants. Residential customers wishing to have an FTTC connection will now be directed to www.plus.net/fibre to sign up for the new residential FTTC products.
Jojo Smiley
Mephiston

Will you be migrating all the trial users or do we need to re-register our interest again? Kinda glad this is happening as the 20Mb pro account just isn't enough anymore!