Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full fibre145 speed?

FIXED
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 260

Re: Full fibre145 speed?

@bill888 Slight correction - because PN use 'small' local pools of IP addresses, there is a chance of picking up the same one again, unless you leave the router off for an extended period -typically  ~90 minutes, and even then it may pick the same one if others in the area don't 'release' others.

John
bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

@jab1 Good point.    

fyi, Plusnet user 'Eggs' from the other thread on same subject, informed me last night he has a dynamic IP address after rebooting his router (TPlink I think) to check the IP address.    It 'seems' like the 'static IP theory' may be a dead end?

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
Porthrepta
Grafter
Fixes: 1

"It 'seems' like the 'static IP theory' may be a dead end?", yes I sadly agree.
Shazzbot on a PM also confirmed hers is a dynamic IP address.

Looking for a quick fix for us three current users with the issue while Plusnet/OpenReach investigate further, how about...

Plusnet set our accounts to double (or higher) our current plan's download speed.
We can test to see what the download speed is on the new plan to see if we get the full speed or half.

Then reset our plan to the current plans.

My thoughts are firstly this may solve our issue, but for those looking for the cause of the issue, it may provide clues!

I'm sure I saw a post a long while ago suggesting changing the plan speed to a higher value, so I don't take any credit for this.

shazzbot
Rising Star

That's a good idea. I was thinking yesterday that if I could afford to try that, I would myself lol. I just hope this problem gets sorted out this week. It's so frustrating.

shazzbot
Rising Star

oh my goodness, thank you @bill888 

I just did as you suggested and the IP remained the same after restarting the hub.

Before;-
  • Your IP address is:
    ip87.114.87.177 
  • Host:
    host87.114.87.177
  • Remote Port:
    port11172
  • ISP:
    isp British Telecommunications PLC

After:

• Your IP address is:
    ip87.114.87.177 
  • Host:
    host87.114.87.177
  • Remote Port:
    port11172
  • ISP:
    isp British Telecommunications PLC
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@Porthrepta wrote:

@bobpullen From this thread do you think we (this ticket and the two below) have also been left on the wrong provisioning?
https://community.plus.net/t5/Full-Fibre/Incorrect-profile-provisioning-error-500-68-running-at-325-...

Nope, your asset is clearly provisioned on the 160/30 service in our supplier's systems.

However this is not the case with @shazzbot who I've replied to elsewhere.

@Townman wrote:

@bobpullen - any chance of one of those new tests being run here o prove the delivered speed please?

Unfortunately not. The test will only run if certain criteria are met e.g. the serving FTTP infrastructure has the required smart SFP module installed. I'm assuming that may not be the case here as the test fails with a message saying the eligibility criteria has not been met. 

@Porthrepta - your account looks fine from where I'm sat. Would you mind rebooting your router and letting me know if there's any change? Whilst I'm not hopeful, I've 'pressed a few buttons' to rule some stuff out and am interested to hear if it's made any difference.

If it hasn't, then there are a couple of other things I can suggest.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Porthrepta
Grafter

@bobpullen Thank you, but unfortunately no change.

It may have crept up a little now 76/31

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Porthrepta - thanks, I've dropped you a private message proposing that we try authenticating you against a different broadband account. This will help rule out any confgiuration issue specific to your user account (and also the static IP routing to a degree).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Porthrepta
Grafter

@bobpullen Yes I'm happy to try that, but what are the steps as it not something I have had to do before and cannot see it the guide?

I presume I just repeat with correct account to restore.

Thanks

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

• Disconnect the ethernet cable from the WAN port on the rear of your Hub Two
  • Connect a device either wirelessly or wired to your Hub Two and navigate to http://192.168.1.254
  • Navigate to 'Advanced Settings' > 'Broadband' and then enter the admin password found on the removeable card at the side of the Hub Two
  • Enter the credentials in the field below and click 'Connect'
    ppp_field.png
  • It will fail to connect, but should store the details
  • Reconnect the ethernet cable to the WAN port on the rear of the Hub Two and wait for it to reconnect
  • Re-test

To reverse, you can either follow the instructions above to re-instate your normal account details, or you can simply factory reset the Hub Two by inserting something into the pinhole at the rear of the device until the status light flashes green. If you factory reset, expect things to take at least five minutes or so to come back up.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Porthrepta
Grafter

@bobpullen Thanks I have done this twice now without any changes to my download speed.

The second time I also switched off the ONS while l worked on changing the modem login.

I'm back with my registered account now.

Porthrepta
Grafter

I thought this issue with a BT Smart Hub 2 is interesting!
Seems an issue similar to mine has been outstanding since 2020....
https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/07/isp-bt-working-to-fix-slow-fttp-broadband-speed-profil...
It is the second issue mentioned.

I couldn't find any more recent news that it has been fixed.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

So if it is thought to be the router (which seems unlikely given the age of that article) then eliminate the router by connecting an ethernet capable computer direct to the ONT using PPPoE.

See message #6 here - Full fibre 900 - BT Community

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Porthrepta wrote:

Seems an issue similar to mine has been outstanding since 2020....
https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/07/isp-bt-working-to-fix-slow-fttp-broadband-speed-profil...
It is the second issue mentioned.

That second issue concerns an upload shaper applied to the WAN interface of the BT hub. Your upload speeds are fine, therefore it isn't going to be related. It's also since been fixed and was not applicable to Plusnet-supplied equipment anyway.

I'm now going to do as you proposed in message 48 and try temporarily regrading your line in the back-end systems to 330/50. Likely to take a day or two to complete but let's see if that helps. It shouldn't in theory, but I feel if this is an Openreach config issue, then it's likely to be the path of least resistence.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Porthrepta
Grafter

@bobpullen Thanks Bob, I look forward to trying that out!

It will be interesting if it resolves the issue, or even if it keeps my previous/current profile which I presume will help someone to an area to investigate.