Did you mean: 

FTTP Marketing

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Re: FTTP Marketing

Hi @ecomergy,

Ah sorry I forgot you had an active FTTP service already. In this case, we’ll just place an order to upgrade the service to the 500mbps package to activate your residential account. Should be within 24 hours once we’ve placed the regrade order with Openreach.

There shouldn’t be any loss of service apart from the time you’ll be setting up a new router or reconfiguring your existing router to use the new account username.

Once that’s all done, we’ll then close your business account and you won’t have to provide notice as we’d be doing the transfer as an internal migration.

When creating the residential account, I’d choose the ‘lose phone line’ option and if you can let me know once you’ve done this, I’ll be happy to arrange for you.

(I’m leaving the Social Media/Forum team from 31st October though for new opportunities, after 5 1/2 years here so if you don’t create the new account before then and no worries if that’s the case, I’m sure one of my colleagues will be happy to help instead Smiley)

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ecomergy
Rising Star

Sounds awesome @Gandalf .

I shall do that on Tuesday then when I have more time and am in the office. Look at us both working on a Sunday!! Much appreciated by the way.

I assume I just create a new residential account for the 500Mb service and then pop back here and let you know that I've done that, plus what the new username is you can make the necessary arrangements?

You will be greatly missed in the forums by many of us but I wish you all the best for the future!

Cheers

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Yup sounds good @ecomergy and feel free to drop me a private message with the new username. 

Cheers, I’m both sad to leave after so long here, and excited for something new. I’ll be on a 6 month secondment in a different role, so I could maybe be back next year, depending how things unfold by then. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@ecomergy, oh yeah I thought it's worth noting you'll lose your 8 IP block along with webspace when closing your business account. Not sure if you use this. On a residential account, you can buy a single static IP for £5 though. 

Have a good day off tomorrow!

Cheers 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ecomergy
Rising Star

Noted, and thanks! The static block was something we used many years ago now (this account has been open for over two decades) but the internet world has changed significantly in that time. Sadly IP6 never really took off but other network fudges now mean I can reluctantly say goodbye to my small, static part of the internet. Great spot though! Especially on a Sunday night. As I mentioned before, you'll be missed here!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Ah that makes sense, no problem at all and cheers for the feedback! Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ecomergy
Rising Star

Morning @Gandalf ,

Just about to create the new account and will PM you details when done. One question though - once I've created the account can I just go straight into the router and change the login details to the new account? I know it would only run at the old speed until the regrade but just thinking that might make the process even more transparent.

Cheers

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 406

One question though - once I've created the account can I just go straight into the router and change the login details to the new account?

AFAIK the new account wouldnt be active until the FTTP order completes, so if you change the login details it wont authenticate.

I'll let Anoush confirm that ( or not ) though...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Morning @ecomergy,

The order would need to complete and account to activate before you can use new username to connect to the internet. 

Let me know once you've created it Smiley

Cheers 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@ecomergy, hey sorry one more thing just so you're aware. If you have a business account for a limited business, then the contract is in the name of the business, which means it can be managed by anyone. For a residential account, the contract would be in whoever's name and would stay in their name, even if they were to leave the business. 

Not sure if that'll be an issue but thought it's worth mentioning. Smiley

Cheers 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ecomergy
Rising Star

Thanks @Gandalf. It's only me now anyway so that won't affect anything.

Just created the account and paid first month. I'll PM you the details

Cheers

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@ecomergy, ah nice, that makes things simpler. And then there was one! Cheesy

Cheers, I'll PM you back now. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ecomergy
Rising Star

thanks @Gandalf . One last thing. Assuming I addon a single static IP, can I just confirm that the £5 charge is a one off and not a monthly charge?

I also assume there is not a way for me to transfer my current main static address over to the new account? I'm not especially attached to it but it would save a bit of time with the VPN etc

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@ecomergy, yeah it's just a one off £5 charge for the static IP. I can raise a NetOps task to try to transfer your static IP across but it may take a few days and there's no guarantee it'll work. Happy to give it a go though if you'd want me to. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ecomergy
Rising Star

Thanks @Gandalf. To be honest after 17 odd years it's probably about time to have a new static IP address anyway. It won't take much to change the VPN. Out with the old and all that but thanks for offering.