Drilling location

FIXED
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 402

Re: Drilling location

Fix

You're probably best ringing customer options 0800 013 2632 explain that your landlord won't allow drilling of holes and ask to change your order to FTTC(vdsl). Thaft will connect to the existing Openreach socket

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 257

@MisterW Will OR accept an FTTC order on an FTTP area?

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

As long as the exchange is not 'Fibre priority' , then yes

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

albridge
Hooked

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Those are pretty good estimates for FTTC. You should get close to the maximum 80/20 on the Fibre Unlimited Extra product

If you still really wanted to risk FTTP,  Openreach would probably  be able to use the existing cable route and hole I the wall, replacing the master socket with the FTTP ONT .

The landlord is going to have to allow it sooner or later because the exchange will likely go fibre priority in the near future.

jab1
Legend

@albridge wrote:

@jab1 here is it

Thanks - not something I have seen before (FTTP and FTTC on the same exchange), so I've learnt something new. 😀

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@jab1 mines been like that for over a year.. it went fibre priority early this year. I'm expecting lots of questions from neighbours when they discover they can no longer change ISP without going to FTTP!

I think I'll keep my head down and plead ignorance😀

jab1
Legend

@MisterW wrote:

I think I'll keep my head down and plead ignorance😀

Good plan. 😀

John
albridge
Hooked

@MisterW thanks a lot. I've done as you said, and the operator canceled the existing FTTP order and created the new FTTC order instead.