Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP damage

FIXED
barnyandpippa
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

CSP damage

Does anyone know how I report a fault that isn't yet service affecting? The cover of my CSP is damaged but the only option I have of reporting a fault results in a line test, which shows no fault.

This isn't going to correct itself but ultimately it is likely to lead to a failure and leave me without internet. I wouldn't even mind if I got sent a new cover in the post.

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: CSP damage

You could try the link below but I have a feeling that it is for reporting health and safety issues i.e. damage that may be dangerous, so you may have get Plusnet to arrange an Openreach appointment to get it fixed.

https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/damage-health-and-safety 

Hobo
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

I had the same problem in May this year with intermittent connection, turned out to be the CSP had disintegrated like yours and had water inside, mine was picked up by Plusnet staff after posting on the old trial forum, BT came out and fitted a new one completely different box than the old one and remade the fibre connection, hopefully someone will pick this thread up. 

Mark63
Rising Star

@RealAleMadrid wrote:

You could try the link below but I have a feeling that it is for reporting health and safety issues i.e. damage that may be dangerous, so you may have get Plusnet to arrange an Openreach appointment to get it fixed.

https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/damage-health-and-safety 

I've used the form to report the door on my local street cabinet hadn't been closed properly. It was on Sunday afternoon, and to my surprise it opened a real live chat session. Very good, the person the other end asked for details on the exact location, who I was, whether my service was affected etc. No drama at all, and it was fixed within 24 hours. 

Of course you can argue that ANY problem involving Openreach kit can become an H&S issue

barnyandpippa
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Fix

After a month overseas, I thought I'd have another crack at this. Openreach were useless when I contacted them directly and wouldn't do anything unless there was a safety risk to the public. As per my original post, Plusnet fault report tool does a line test and the line hasn't failed yet. I spoke to the PlusNet Tech Support team and an Openreach technician arrived a matter of hours later. Annoyingly, the design of the CSP has changed so they fit a whole new one but it's all sorted now.