cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

80/20 FTTC Trial Closed

geoff05

Re: 80/20 FTTC Trial Open

Well it has helped a little - I'm back over 40 Mbs now - perhaps the BT system will reassess my IP profile and increase  it in due course....
geoff05

Quote from: Gerry
Sad, ain't it?
The thrill of working nights.

Tell me about it .... We were let home at 1 instead of 5 tonight so a nice long weekend ahead.... hope you are home soon !
acarneiro
Grafter

Quote from: Gerry
Sad, ain't it?
The thrill of working nights.

3 more hours. Only 3 more hours for home time... Wink
JEB
Grafter

My line speed has changed itself back to 40Mb.  Could someone change it back to 20Mb please.
Presumably there is still an ongoing problem is there any ETA on a fix?

James
grahamt
Rising Star

I'm just catching up with this thread. I'm away from home at the moment, so hadn't noticed the change, but I'll be back tomorrow.
My Plusnet profile is currently set to 40. Could someone please set it back to 20?
(Interesting that Plusnet staff were saying that the problem had been identified a couple of days ago and all affected triallists had been identified. Clearly some have slipped through the net.)
Graham
Pazz
Grafter

Quote from: grahamt
(Interesting that Plusnet staff were saying that the problem had been identified a couple of days ago and all affected triallists had been identified. Clearly some have slipped through the net.)

Although I'm not affected, don't forget this is a trial. We can't expect PN to turn around a one-stop fix-all solution in a just a couple of days. The trial's purpose is to gather feedback and allow PN to iron out issues in relation to the 80/20 service above that of the normal 40/10 service already offered.
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: grahamt

I took that to mean that all of the triallists that were affected at that time had been identified, but it has also been explained that any ongoing delta reports will still result in the line speed being set to 40Mb until the underlying problem has been fixed.
Estragon
Rising Star

But surely an essential part of the trial should have been to modify the Current Line Speed setting system right at the start, to cope with over 40Mbps IP Profiles coming from BT Wholesale and check that it works OK. The implication of this problem is they hadn't even thought of it.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Not really, something has changed somewhere as this exact problem has only happened recently (in the last few days) when a significant number of trialists all got changed to a 40Mb/s Plusnet profile in a very short time having been sat happliy on the special 20Mb/s profile for ages.
Now, of course, it remains for PN to identify and resolve the cause which I'm sure they will do in due course.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Bazza
Grafter

The point is it's a trial and everybody, including PlusNet are going through a steep learning curve. It's how they respond when something happens that's important and once again they seem to have got on top of this particular problem very quickly. Hat's off to them personally.
Estragon
Rising Star

But they know that the Line Speed setting has to be sorted, as they forgot about it when 40/2 was introduced. That's why we had to go on the 20Mbps setting in the first place. That problem got fixed a few hours after I got mine set to 20 LOL. Since then there has been no need to put people on that.
Thinking a bit more, maybe that's where things have gone wrong this time.  They probably recently removed the fixing of 20Mbps to test the the feed, but forgot to remove the 40Mbps cap at the same time. It must be a very complex capping system if that's hard to sort out  Tongue  :).
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@acarneiro - I've just changed your profile.
@geoff05 - I've checked yours and it is set correctly.
@JEB -
Presumably there is still an ongoing problem is there any ETA on a fix?

Not yet I'm afraid. I'll let you guys know as this plays and I'll do my best to keep on top of requests on here to update your profiles, I'll actually keep an eye out this weekend too however it's more likely that I'll be doing that if the weather doesn't improve Smiley  BTW I've just changed your profile again.
@grahamt - Done
@Pazz - I know you didn't ask but Iv'e changed you back to the "20mb" profile too.
@KevinG - No not every trialist has been affected, I've just changed your profile too.
@Estragon
But surely an essential part of the trial should have been to modify the Current Line Speed setting system right at the start, to cope with over 40Mbps

We don't actually use the 40mb profile for fibre trialists, we use what's denoted on our systems as a 20mb profile, however it actually allows speeds up to 330mbs (it's that high for some FTTP trialists). I've checked your account and can see that you've not been affected by this.
Shout up if I've missed anyone please.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
timsheffield
Dabbler

Hi i apear to have dropped to 36.5 down 15.73 up
Estragon
Rising Star

Smiley
@ Adam.
Chris says earlier this morning that a fix has been coded.  Unless something has gone wrong with that. We should just be waiting for further testing and implementation of it.
http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/plusnet/t/4140033-plusnet-may-be-restricting-your-speed.html
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
@KevinG - No not every trialist has been affected, I've just changed your profile too.

Thanks, I hadn't spotted mine had broken - it hadn't yesterday!