cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unacceptably Slow

JamesT91
Dabbler

unacceptably Slow

I know that these are weird times, and more people than ever are using their internet at the moment.

but now when I need the internet more than ever my speeds have droped to an unusable level, and not for the first time.

I have not that long ago renewed my contract and was guaranteed minimum speeds and provided a new router, now it would be fine if these days i was not getting those minimums at all times, but I am paying for a fiber connection and according to speedtest currently my downloading speed is good but my upload speed is 0.01 mbps.

and as with all providers and hours my speeds fluctuate through the day, but my upload speed has been effectively  non existent for days, and my download speed drops just as low as this on a very frequent basis.

3 REPLIES 3
KatieC
Pro
Fixes: 11

Re: unacceptably Slow

Hi @JamesT91

Sorry to hear this.

I've tested the line today and can see that the sync speeds are at the maximum for the broadband package that you have. There are no faults on the line and the broadband has remained stable. I have documented the test results in a ticket on your account, which you can view here.

Can you confirm if you are running a speed test over a wired or wireless connection? In order to see a true representation of the speeds that are being received, I would advise following this guide on how to run a speed test correctly. If the issue is mainly over WiFi, you can expect the speeds to fluctuate due to the technology that WiFi is. In addition to this, the guaranteed speeds that are quoted, are based over a wired connection. WiFi is a signal and prone to interference, therefore, we are unable to guarantee this service.

Our router guides provide some further information on how to improve your wireless connection. Please do let us know if you have any further questions!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team
wholeshow
Hooked

@KatieC Sorry to jump on here. Why do some people on here get a diagnostic but others get fed a "longer" than usual script?

My broadband has been stuck at 10Mbps since May 1st and working from home is a nightmare.

JamesT91
Dabbler

Thank you, but unfortnately I am not sure what to say.

I have changed nothing on my end, neither hardware or software, but since reading your reply my speeds have bounced back.

averaging

56.54Mbps  down

10.    Mbps   up

It is  my wired connection that I have always had these issues with. last time i was told it was a router fault, was hoping the new one would then address the issue, but this still crops up every few weeks.

I do not want to sound rude, but to be honest this is a repeat experience of the numerous previous instances, speeds improve, with no changes from my end when I raise a complaint.

I hope to be wrong and I hope things stay somewhat stable now.  I  am grateful for your reply,  It is working for now, but im afraid I have nothing usefull to add to this thread if anyone else reads it, as i cannot say that x was the problem, or that y was the solution