cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plusnet doesnt care about customers

welsh_andy
Grafter

plusnet doesnt care about customers

my fibre speeds have been through the floor last couple of weeks, this morning im down to 6.72mb, impossible to get through to customer care, im in work everyday so unable to sit on phone all day, this really proves plusnet dont care about their customers, had some bad companies in past, but these clowns take the biscuit, why should i pay full price and get half a service, when im off i need my internet

their speed guarentee is utter garabge as you cant get through to report anything, so wondering if there is an option for some sort of class action against the company or maybe go to the media?

16 REPLIES 16
welsh_andy
Grafter

Re: High jitter and latency

getting beyond a joke of late, its all over the place, im down to less than half speed tonight again, they have no interest in helping, constant cut off if you ring up. they ripping off their customers, we pay full price they give us half of a service and non exsistant customer service, they have literally become a joke, vodafone mark 2

welsh_andy
Grafter

Re: Fibre connection dropped to 12Mbps for critical and vulnerable workers (Covid-19) working fro...

same here, its all over the place, does anyone at plusnet actually care, being cut off when ringing up all the time, im a key worker but i get offered nothing, i will remember when you ask me to renew in august

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Fibre connection dropped to 12Mbps for critical and vulnerable workers (Covid-19) working fro...

Thanks for getting in touch @welsh_andy and apologies for the delayed response. I'm sorry to see you're experiencing connection problems. I've tested your line today and everything checks out OK as you can see from the testing below:

GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID NA Service ID [redacted]

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 40.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 9.4 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 665.0
Upstream Rate Assessment Reasonable
Downstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream traffic detected
Technology VDSL
Current 15Min Bin Retrains 0
Last 15Min Bin Retrains 0
DP Type External
Profile Name 0.128M-40M Downstream, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-10M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2020-03-25T16:45:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 39.9 Mbps 39.9 Mbps 39.9 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 9.4 Mbps 9.4 Mbps 9.4 Mbps
Up Time 900.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 900.0 Sec
Retrains 0.0 0.0 0.0
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2020-04-07T15:18:27Z 2020-04-07T15:33:27Z
Ingress Code Violation 0 0
Egress Code Violation 0 0
Errored Seconds 0 0
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0

Could you firstly reboot your router and if you're still having issues, could you advise if your devices are connecting wirelessly to the router or direct using an ethernet cable? This will narrow down where the issue may lie.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: plusnet doesnt care about customers

Moderators Note

Collection of posts from same poster merged into one thread to keep all info in one place and to help staff.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
welsh_andy
Grafter

i have rebooted and now back to normal, but this is happening all the time, i wake up speed through the floor, or i come home from work and its the same, its like a constant reboot, this surely isnt right, my speeds are like a rollercoaster up and down, one day ists 18mb then 12mb this morning 6.72mb, its so irrating i cant get through on phone as just cut off.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @welsh_andy,

Thanks for reaching out to us here.

I'm sorry you've been having trouble with your broadband speeds, I can see @Gandalf left some testing on your other thread confirming there were no faults/issues detected. Can you confirm if you are noticing the speeds deteriorate over WiFi or a wired connection? 

If WiFi I'd strongly suggest splitting the frequencies on your router homepage by following this guide here. If this issue continues, I'd suggest downloading an app named WiFi analyzer, which will confirm the best channels in your area with the least interference. Once you've gone ahead with the app please follow this guide to change the channels on your router. 

Let us know if you need further assistance, 

Thanks. 

welsh_andy
Grafter

hi

i only use wired connection, which is strange, if used wifi then maybe interference could cause the issues.

thx

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @welsh_andy 

As mentioned your connection hadn't dropped for 20 days when I checked on the 7th so you don't seem to have to reboot your router regularly. Can you post up the event log from your router settings so we can advise further?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
welsh_andy
Grafter

tonight its down to 19.31(Mbps), not sure how to do log so could you explain

las thing on router system log if helps

Time and date Message
23:43:36, 08 Apr. STP Alert: Port eth0 leaving blocking state.
23:42:26, 08 Apr. (3805836.090000) The system is going DOWN for reboot.
Tibzor
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 25

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I've checked again history of your connection and looks like connection is stable with correct speeds as stated earlier by @Gandalf

After looking into your usage history I can see that there were times where there was constant usage with speeds around 38Mbps for few hours in a row (15GB-17GB downloaded per hour).

Can you please let us know if there are any specific parts of day where you have this problem and if no other devices are connected to your router when you are running speed test or if nothing is downloaded in background?

welsh_andy
Grafter

hi

the only other things connected are my phone, which is not being used and generally its peak times, what i mean generally from around 7 to 12, that where i tend to have most issues, i run several tests to check speeds, so not a one off and use a couple of places to test to double check. my shifts are constantly changing, generally when im off in evening it sometimes arises, its intermittant, some times fine, others trying to figure out the issue

welsh_andy
Grafter

and it starts again, last 4 nights peak times speed goes through the floor, you must really not care about your customers as i never got help i wanted. just left this thread unaswered, im  paying full price and getting half price performance, what on earth is going on, and its always peak times, so pretty much says where the problem, yet no one seems to want to help. well august isnt far away.

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

@welsh_andy Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. In the meantime, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net Smiley

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
Mark66

I seem to have experienced a very similar problem to yours,  once fault reported I was initially told there was a fault on the line, then nothing for a month despite chasing several times and being promised I would be contacted.  Last night I received an email saying the speed was ok (which is possible as it fluctuates between fine and unusable, rebooting the router helps which isn't providing the wifi) and I had no issue or it was something with my wifi.   Boils down to no support, thankfully my contract is nearly up.