cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capacity issues - continued

jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Re: capacity issues - continued

I don't think anyone is saying test every permutation, and you are correct that Andrue is entitled to say everything is normal for him.
What Andrue may not be aware of is that whilst he may now think his issues are solved, they will quite possibly return when a PPP session is re-established.
I think it is better to be aware of that, when the knowledge is available, than to just believe the issue has been resolved for good.
chrcoluk
Grafter

ignition you mean everything "appears" to be back to normal for him.
It is very relevant if someone is disconnecting or not given its proven to be temporary fixable by hopping.  Anyone who ignores that is been a tad naive.
The thing is you are a clever person, you know very well what I say is relevant, so the question of course is why you choose to ignore it.
Also is interesting is why you chose to mention the confirmed BTw issues on the other forum but wont even confirm it here.
Andrue is also aware about the relevance of disconnections in this issue so I also dont know why he chose to ignore that.
hope you dont mind me quoting you (if you do mind I will edit my post)
I see BT Wholesale felt left out of the congestion issues. Having allowed one of their core POPs, Manchester Dial House, to congest a couple of months back and fixed it they seem to have allowed another couple to have done so.
Each of the two new ones account for ~5% each of the user base using that BT Wholesale product. In the case of Plusnet that's about 90,000 customers affected all in.
This ignoring their more localised issues with capacity out of exchanges.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

[quote=http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/7028-speed-test-results-for-june-2015.html]We noted a drop in the speed for FTTC services during May 2015, and this trend has continued though PlusNet where people seem to be complaining more about speeds showed the largest drop during June.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
chrcoluk
Grafter

So the BT group still thinks the best way to deal with this is to simply "not comment"?
Heads stuck in the sand.
Oh well el reg, will be making their own comment soon.
Mathias
Grafter

http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/29/sky-bt-openreach-ofcom/
Hopefully this might still things up and enable proper service from Openreach.
chrcoluk
Grafter

except these arent openreach issues 😕
mlmclaren
Grafter

Erm this is rather interesting.... been ok for a few days... even on suspect gateways and then this disgrace (worst its ever been)

BQM is also too cock...

GW: ptn-bng01...
So is this the end of the good gateways or has another gateway freaked and shed it load again...
Melancholie
Grafter

Quote from: chrcoluk
ignition you mean everything "appears" to be back to normal for him.
Also is interesting is why you chose to mention the confirmed BTw issues on the other forum but wont even confirm it here.

In answer to your first point if the man is happy then it's all good. It's pedantic and pointless for him to go out of his way to try and find one. The man probably just wants his broadband to work and work well and, hence, is happy that it's functioning normally. He may have better things to do than try and find fault with his broadband and has every right to report his perception.
It's not interesting in the slightest that I don't go into issues here on the whole, it's entirely a reflection of my opinion of the threads in question.
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Only there is a good chance it's not functioning properly, and that will become clear at a subsequent re-sync.
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,134822.msg1244493.html#msg1244493
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
npr
Pro

I thought the problem was mostly fixed.
Gateway pcl-ag07  Sad

Switched gateway to: ptn-bng01  Cheesy

chrcoluk
Grafter

as far as I know nothing is fixed, just the updates stopped coming.
mlmclaren
Grafter

UPDATES!
Did somebody say Updates?  Shocked
npr
Pro

Trying to watch GP practice in Iplayer.
I could do without this @@@@ from Plusnet!
ptn-bng01

179.core.plus.net

pcl-bng04

mlmclaren
Grafter

DELETED