cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus dsl-ac68-u help please

WWWombat
Grafter

Re: asus dsl-ac68-u help please

The profile shown there is the one calculated from your actual sync speed.
The modems will either sync as fast as they possibly can - in which case, Plusnet can't do anything to alter the profile - or they will have been limited (banded) by DLM, as an attempt to bring stability to your line. Plusnet have no ability to affect the DLM settings either.
Al you can do is keep your line running, with as little disturbance as possible, and hope that DLM chooses to reduce intervention.
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
redbull2k14
Grafter

@HaydnExport
i had this problem the other day after updating my firmware after the 21st of november openreach had to remove some parts of its dlm, i rang plus net and i was well below my estimate they sent out an engineer the following day, and he reset the dlm, so far figers crossed its all good now.
shylok
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Is this router now stable on fibre following the latest firmware Version 3.0.0.4.376_2155 ?
Its noted to have well known disconnections & very high FEC errors http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18606945&page=25
If Asus have still not fixed it i may opt for the cheaper TP-LINK TD-W9980 which has no known issues http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/products/17047-tp-link-td-w9980/
minimos
Grafter

Hi,
Just been looking at the thread even though I do not have this device.
I noticed in your log the following
Oct 30 11:31:12 start_nat_rules: apply the nat_rules(/tmp/nat_rules_ppp0_vlan100)!
FTTC runs on VLAN 101, so I am not sure if this is an error in the logging as I would suspect that you should not even get a link at anytime if this was not correct, but thought it may be something worth checking out in your connection settings
Minimos
HaydnExport
Grafter

my data rate is going down, even tho im synced at a high rate. Cry
HaydnExport
Grafter

Hi again , my data rate down is now on 48999kbps up from 39999kbs two months ago , can someone please check to see if this is stuck ?  I used to get throughput of 68mb before i changed hardware. Routers new firmware seems stable from my end now.
HaydnExport
Grafter

Can anyone from plusnet please have a look if you have time , id be better off changing to a cheaper package while it like this.