Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi constantly dropping out

FIXED
nixy
Dabbler

Re: WiFi constantly dropping out

Hi
I haven’t tried splitting frequencies as I couldn’t see that in the troubleshooting section but happy to give it a go with instructions.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting back to us @nixy

I've provided the instructions below for you on how to split the bands

1) In your browser go to 192.168.1.254.
2) Hit Advanced Settings and enter your Hub admin password when prompted (unless you've changed it, you'll find the default password on the settings card)
3) Continue to Advanced Settings.
4) Tap on Wireless.
5) Choose 5GHz tab.
6) Change 'Sync with 2.4Ghz' to No.
7) Change the name of the 'Wireless SSID'
8) Save the changes.

If you're still having issues making the changes just let us know as we can make the change remotely for you with your permission.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
nixy
Dabbler

I’ve followed your instructions. My iPhone no longer switches over to 4g when I try to go online and the WiFi icon on my phone is showing full strength. However it is still unusable and just won’t load pages. I have had to manually put my phone on 4g to log on and type this. This is only an issue on my Apple devices but as the only internet browsing I do at home is Apple obviously this is a big problem for me.
I’m assuming I’ve done everything correctly however my phones WiFi hasn’t selected the renamed connection - should it have?
Nordicgod1972
Dabbler

Just 6 months to go then I can get away from this terrible WiFi . Apple phones don’t like plusnet , I have even switched to my old BT router to use and the speeds are terrible , even get buffering whilst connected via Ethernet on PS4 on sky app
nixy
Dabbler

The first year was fine. I stayed for a further term as the customer service was so good. But then Apple just suddenly stopped being compatible! I too will have no choice but to switch when my current contract is finished if the issue can’t be resolved. Shame.