cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to Unlimited Fibre

Agaa

Upgrading to Unlimited Fibre

I have recently upgraded my broadband to unlimited fibre since if was a cheap offer and there would be more Mbps. The previous? contract that I'm on promised 10mbps but it is mostly/ all the time low- 2mbps.

Right now I'm in the process of changing to fibre but I haven't seen it go above 2mbps and I hope I will get the promised speeds (36-40) So I'm wondering how long it'll take for it to actually upgrade? Could someone check this out for me?
5 REPLIES 5
OldFrank
Grafter

Re: Upgrading to Unlimited Fibre

I upgraded mine last week from the 38Mbs to the 80Mbs and it was done in one day, but i was not getting the big improvement I was thinking I would get. I was using the Sagecom 2704N router which is only 2.4Ghz Wifi and that was the problem. I phoned the renewals team on Tuesday this week and asked for the new Sagecom Hub one as part of the deal. It arrived Wednesday morning so I set it up and connected very quickly I then changed the hub settings to run on 5Ghz Wifi only and the speeds are outstanding.

Well done Plusnet.

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 77

Hi @Agaa  welcome to the forum

I note in your post you mention a slow download speed, I am assuming you are using a Hub One

Sometimes new installations or upgrades from ADSL to VDSL (FFTC) can go wrong and the Hub One does not auto configure when connecting to the infrastructure, try following these instructions.

• Log in to the hub by putting 192.168.1.254 in the address field of your web browser.

On the Home page under My Services you will see the current Broadband Username. If it’s setup@plusdsl.net then it has not been configured by PlusNet authorisation systems.

• First try a factory reset of the hub by pushing a paperclip or similar into the reset hole and hold the switch closed for at least 20 seconds, the LED should turn green and then release
  • Leave the Hub One for around 10 minutes and check Home page for correct Broadband Username <your username>@plusdsl.net

If it still shows setup@plusdsl.net follow these steps.

• Navigate from the Home page to >Advanced settings (you will be required to enter the Hub One admin password this found on bottom of the Hub or card with WiFi password).
  • Click on Continue to Advanced Settings then >Broadband

This page details your broadband Internet Connection Configuration.

• Click on disconnect, if this does not work it may be necessary to remove the DSL cable.
  • Enter your correct username <your username>@plusdsl.net and password.
  • Plug in DSL cable (if removed) and click on Connect
  • Check your Hub One has logged on to the correct Broadband Username

Hope this helps

Dan.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Hello! Thanks for your post @Agaa and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to see you've had problems with your speed. I can see your fibre order's completed this afternoon, so you should be getting much higher speeds now. I've tested your line and it looks like you're getting 35mbps now. 

You should definitely get higher though. Is your router plugged into your master telephone socket? If it is would you be able to try plugging the router into what's known as the test socket explained Here? This should rule out any internal wiring.

Let me know how things are going or if you need any further help. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Agaa

It works now Cheesy I checked the Hub if it's been changed to my username and it was, and yes I am getting the correct speed(s) I should be getting.

Thanks & regards Aga
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Excellent! Grin Cheers for getting back to us @Agaa 

Let us know if you have further issues or there's ever anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet