Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to help an elderly friend

wakeman
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Trying to help an elderly friend

I have an elderly friend (aged 79) who is with PlusNet a Husband who looked after all the accounts and finances, passed away suddenly last year, she appears to have managed to get the account moved into her name. But does apparently know what her PlusNet email address is and not receiving any emails from PlusNet. Her husband only used gmail accounts but because the wife did not know the password could not access it and the account has been lost after the computer became 'toast'.

Basically I am wanting to her get access to her PlusNet account to check on a) how much she is paying? b) if still in contract ? c) update the contact email account address on her account.

She is most certainly not very computer literate either, which is not helping get this sorted.

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

Re: Trying to help an elderly friend

@wakeman 

If you start to log into the account and select 'forgot passwod' does that give you any way of getting a reset sent to you over either a SMS or email address to which you have access?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

wakeman
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@Baldrick1 That is one option I am considering, attempt to change the password. I can when with her get access to the router to find the logon name, I would think, by accessing the hub manager. SMS will probably be a no go since she has no idea what mobile number if any it been linked too (she has at least 4 mobile phones in the possession only one I think is still working, no idea why the husband had brought 4 ! As I said she has no idea of the email account associated with the PlusNet account. 

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @wakeman, I'm really sorry to hear of the issues your friend is having with the account.

Though you'll be able to locate the username by logging in to the router, resetting the password your side will become quite tricky if there's no access to the email address we have on record.

Could you pop me over a PM (to send a PM, click on my name and then to the right, there will be a grey button to 'send private message' and in the message please include a link to this thread) with your friends username once you've located it and I'd be happy to call them if you think that would be suitable to help get them sorted?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team