cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow upload 0.02 to 0.5

bmseven

Slow upload 0.02 to 0.5

Started happening this evening router says 32Mb but any device I ran a speed test on either fails to load as to slow or gives resullts of 0.02-0.03 tries wired wireless at the master or an extension on multiple devices

Spoke to support who ran tests and confirmed 32mb though it did drop out once or twice and said the router could be failing and would ship out a new one. Have just borrowed an Asus and the results are the same so at a loss

8 REPLIES 8
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Slow upload 0.02 to 0.5

Moderator's note:

Thread moved from Broadband to Fibre Broadband.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Mav
Fixes: 515

@bmseven

Looking at the attachment the upload is 5.88Mbps but the download is 0.56Mbps

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

bmseven

Apologies yes you are correct is the download that is broken, it was a long day yesterday! 

Just tested this morning and the btwholesale test wont even load 

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @bmseven,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. I've taken a look into your account today and I can see that your connection appears to be dropping out which is the most likely cause of the performance issues that you're experiencing however upon testing your line I can't see where the fault lies. As this is the case, we'll need you to go through our internal troubleshooting tests to help resolve the problem which can be found here and here is a guide that explains how to set your router up within the test socket.

Please let us know how this goes and if the connection stabilizes after connecting the router into the test socket (when checking if the test socket resolves the issue, as the connection is intermittently dropping out, it would be best to see if the connection drops out again over the course of a 72 hour window of time) and if these tests don't resolve the issue please let us know and we'll be happy to investigate further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
bmseven

The router has been plugged into the master socket since yesterday have been unable to achieve an upload speed above 0.06mb since Saturday pm bt wholeasale speed test just sat there and timed out I have tried a different router/lan cable and microfilter all to no avail Router reports 32Mb your speed test 32Mb just not achieving that from my side I have used pc and laptop cabled and wireless tablet and phone all with the same results a line check was I believe requested on my voice line on Sunday

I have just just ran a speed test and all is now back to normal, will the line be stabilising over the next few days Has my line been reset if not can it be as my spped has dropped over the monthe from nearly 40mb to the 32?

Many thanks

T

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @bmseven

Thank you for ensuring the router is connected to the master socket.

After retesting your service, I have identified a potential external fault and raised this to our suppliers. We expect to receive an update within 24 - 72 working hours and you can monitor the progress of the fault by clicking here.

It does not appear that the line has been reset although at this point I'm reluctant to put the connection forward for a reset until the line is stable or we could risk the performance being restricted again. Please note that on all our prior tests the restrictions only applied to the download speed.

Our faults team will continue to monitor the fault and provide updates once they receive them from our suppliers.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
bmseven

Thanks for the reply

I am a little confused as was told twice there was no fault and it was likely my router failing 

I have since received a new router in the post however my download speed has been OK since Monday and yesterday while at work I received a call from an Engineer who came to test my line

So a few questions if you dont mind

should I be using the new router? or return it?

is my line back to normal?

Has my line been reset?

Many thanks in anticipation

T

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I am a little confused as was told twice there was no fault and it was likely my router failing 

It's likely that our tests hadn't detected a potentially external fault until Lewis tested your line.

I have since received a new router in the post however my download speed has been OK since Monday and yesterday while at work I received a call from an Engineer who came to test my line

From what I can see the engineer reported back that there was no fault found, however I'm glad to hear that your speeds are back to normal.

should I be using the new router? or return it?

It's up to you, could always keep it for a spare, or return it to us if you want. Smiley

Has my line been reset?

It doesn't look like it as your line is banded at 35mbps so I've asked a colleague to submit a DLM reset.

Due to the process being a trial it can take around a week for you to see an increase if any.

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet