cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speeds and drop out

dartilov
Grafter

Re: Slow speeds and drop out

I have tried it both wireless and wired and no difference with the quality.  The software is as follows:

Capture.PNG

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks a lot for getting back to us @dartilov

Thanks also for letting us know which firmware your router is running at the moment. It's outdated, so I've popped your details over to our products team will be pushing a firmware update through within the next 5 working days or so.

Tests on the line have not picked up any issues whatsoever, and the engineer notes from the previous appear to show a normal working line. The thing about video conferencing apps, is the over-utilisation of your upload speed, which has a knock on effect on your download speed. If you're using a camera, are you able to lower the video quality slightly?

Also, I'd like to see what speeds your router is receiving from the network, as my tests are showing a download sync speed of 77Mbps. Please follow the instructions below, and send me a photo, covering up all personal information.

1. Ensure your device is connected to the router via WIFI or Ethernet, open up a web browser and type 192.168.1.254 into the URL field.

2. You should now be on your Plusnet Hub One Manager. Select Troubleshooting, then on the sub-menu, select HelpDesk. You'll then be asked to enter the admin password, which can be found on the router itself.

3. Scroll down until you find data rate, send across the values you see if you can.

KBD

GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID NA Service ID  

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 77.1 Mbps
Upstream Speed 20.0 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 372.5
Upstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream traffic detected
Technology VDSL
DP Type External
Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2021-11-02T23:15:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 77.1 Mbps 77.3 Mbps 77.3 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 20.0 Mbps 20.0 Mbps 20.0 Mbps
Up Time 774.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 899.6 Sec
Retrains 0.0 1.0 0.0
Radius
 Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
dartilov
Grafter

Capture4.PNG

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @dartilov, thanks for getting back to us. I'm sorry for the continued issues with your service and for the delay in getting back to us.

Everything is looking all good and testing today again shows no issues. Hopefully once the firmware update is pushed through this could help with any wireless problems but given that you are having issues with your wired connection, it does sound like there is something somewhere.

We can certainly look to send a further engineer and I have updated the open ticket here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=217798090. If you add a reply, let us know and we can pick that up for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team