cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router reboots every day

smifo11

Router reboots every day

Hi. My fibre router seems to be restarting every morning at about the same time. 8am approximately. Anyone else having this problem? Anyone have any suggestions? Cheers.
5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Re: Router reboots every day

Thanks for your post @smifo11 welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to see you're having connection issues.

Looking at a graph of your connection I've attached below, it doesn't look like the broadband signal into your router is dropping frequently. I've also tested your line and that's not showing any issues. 

Does the light on the front of your router change colour consistently every morning?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
smifo11

Hi, thanks for having a look. Yes the router runs through the usual flashing lights and Amber light thing. Like it's restarting, but it's not had a power down.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @smifo11

Is your router plugged into the master telephone socket with no extension cabling between your router and the socket? 

Also if you've not done so already, it may be worth plugging your router into the test socket explained Here because this should rule out any internal wiring from affecting your broadband connection as this can cause a connection to drop. 

Let me know how it goes. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
smifo11

Yes it's in the main socket. But I'll try the test one and let you know. Many thanks
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Awesome, sounds like a plan. Cheers

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet