Re: Profile reset after fixed fault

Thanks @Gandalf, much appreciated
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Not a problem! Let us know how it goes Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
lunathehusky
Dabbler

A quick update. The engineer arrived 755 this morning, tested the line and said there's no problem with it. He said it could be that a neighbour reported the fault and it had already been fixed. Either way, happy with the speed we're getting now, 26703 downstream. He's left us his mobile number in case it happens again, said he's in the area today and tomorrow if needed.

Thanks for all your help. I've attached the current router stats, SNR looks a lot better than it was. Not sure if the errors are a problem, they only happen right after connecting and then the number stays the same.

Cheers

Ian

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Cheers for the update Ian,

Awesome, I’m glad to see the engineer was helpful and your speed’s back up now. Stats look OK to me though the maximum attainable shows your line could in theory achieve a little more of up to 33mbps. Worth keeping an eye on things and let me know how it goes. Smiley

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
lunathehusky
Dabbler

Yes stats are pretty much the same today as yesterday. Do you think the profile will stay at ~27 now? Just wondering if it can go up automatically or if someone needs to request it? It's really not an issue, but if the extra speed is available...

Cheers

Ian
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hey @lunathehusky,

The profile may fluctuate, though it can be changed if needed. It may be best to see how it performs over the next few days for the time being to see if it stays as is or moves in one direction or the other. Of course, if any issues crop up, just drop us a message and we'll get back to you as soon as possible Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

@lunathehusky

Just to follow up now I'm back in the office, I've taken a closer look and I can see your speeds are artificially restricted by the automated dynamic line management (DLM) software at the cabinet, so I've arranged for your line to be reset. You should hopefully see higher speeds within the next 3 working days. Let us know how it goes. Smiley

Cheers

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet