cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Check Please

kdcooke
Hooked

Profile Check Please

Good evening, I was hoping someone could please check my profile, please?  I'm on the fibre extra package and my speed tests always seem to sit in the 40/10 region.  It has come to renewal time and I was looking about for deals and even testing details of neighbours, and I think I should be maybe getting better speeds.  I changed from 40/10 to 80/20 about 2 yrs ago and never noted any great change in speed.  Been with PlusNet for 3 yrs on this line now - always been great and plan to stay that way - just a bit more speed is always handy.  Many thanks

18 REPLIES 18
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

Re: Profile Check Please

@kdcooke  Welcome to the forum.

The very first thing to do is get an estimate of your line’s capability by putting your phone number in here  https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you need help interpreting the results then post a copy here after obscuring your phone number.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

kdcooke
Hooked

Thank you, please see the results attached (hopefully!) Based on those VSDL estimates I should be expecting better...maybe? SmileyScreenshot 2022-02-09 103537.png

Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

@kdcooke 

Do you by any chance have a fixed IP address? If so Plusnet have the capability to set a profile on the line that can get overlooked.

Your line is synching at lower than the expected minimum so raise a fault at https://faults.plus.net.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

kdcooke
Hooked

Many thanks for the reply.  No fixed IP address.  I will follow the link to raise a fault.

Many thanks, 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Cheers for getting in touch @kdcooke and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm really sorry to see you're having speed issues. I can confirm you're on 80/20 and we've tested your line and can't find any issues, but I can see your speeds are definitely below where we'd expect. 

If you haven't already, could you try plugging your router into the test socket explained Here found behind the faceplate of the master telephone socket, making sure there's no extension cabling between your router and the socket?

If your speed doesn't increase to within the estimated speed range, I'd like to arrange an Openreach engineer appointment with you to investigate further, so could you reply to the ticket I've logged onto the fault you've raised Here with when you'll be available for a visit?

Let us know how it goes, and post back once you've responded, and I'll ensure we book the engineer as soon as we can. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
kdcooke
Hooked

Thanks again - I have a dual face plate setup and completely forgot it would have its own test socket behind - apologies!  I managed to dig out a filter and after re-testing, things have improved slightly.  Im now getting about 45 down and 13 up.  With time, potentially, could that improve - allow the line to retrain its self?

Many thanks for all the help

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @kdcooke

No problem, potentially but it may be better to arrange an engineer as your sync speed's still below the estimates.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
kdcooke
Hooked

Cool, thank you - Fault ticket updated with details.

Many thanks, 

Kevin 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Awesome. No problem Kevin, I can't book the engineer at the moment as our suppliers are carrying out some further diagnostics, but I'll keep an eye on this for you and I'll arrange the visit when I can. 

Cheers

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Kevin,

I've booked the engineer visit and updated the ticket 221836307 with the appointment details.

Let me know how it goes.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
kdcooke
Hooked

Thank you very much for booking the engineer in.  I will let you know the outcome.  Cheers, Kevin

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sounds like a plan!

Cheers

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
kdcooke
Hooked

Good morning.  Opernreach engineer has been and gone.  He said that the line was testing well beyond the socket and I should be expecting speeds in the region of 50+ from what he could see. He replaced the socket with an updated dual faceplate. Speeds have improved slightly - so now im getting in the region of 44 to 46 down with no real change with the up speeds.

One speed test did show a speed of 55 down + at one point to my surprise, but sadly not seen that speed again yet.

Not sure if the line needs a chance to re-train itself or DLM needs a reset - but things a slightly better than before.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Kevin, cheers for the update.

I'm glad to see your speed's increased after the engineer's replaced your master socket though still nowhere near where I'd expect. I've tested your line & the tests aren't showing your speed to be artificially restricted, so I can't request it's reset. 

I suspect we'll need to arrange another engineer to investigate further, so I've booked it in for next week and updated the appointment details on the ticket 221836307 but I can always cancel the visit if things improve by itself. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet