cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partners phone having problems with our fibre broadband

toriwillow

Partners phone having problems with our fibre broadband

I moved from sky broadband to Plusnet fibre broadband a few months ago and so far so good, except for one issue. My partner doesn't seem to be having the same experience as the rest of the family. His phone (a Samsung A70) seemingly connects to the WiFi just fine but it's just not working as well for him as it is for the rest of us. It's working so poorly most of the time that web pages frequently time out before they can load, calls made over WiFi drop out etc. He finds himself having to disconnect from our home WiFi all of the time and use his phone data to get anything to work as it should. Obviously this is far from ideal as he has a limited data allowance each month and since we have moved to plusnet he has been eating through this allowance and incurring costs on his mobile bill as a result of this persistent problem. Can anyone please shed any light on possible causes of this issue? Thanks.
1 REPLY 1
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

Re: Partners phone having problems with our fibre broadband

@toriwillow  Welcome to the forum.

Try separating the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands, see  https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/2-4ghz-and-or-5ghz-best-practice/m-p/1351966#M840.

Try each band in turn by selecting it in the available wireless network settings in each device and use the best.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'