cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Openreach engineer - no shows

westside

Openreach engineer - no shows

Does anyone have any/much experience of the reliability, or otherwise, of Openreach engineer appointment dates/times.
We signed up in order to migrate our fibre over to Plusnet, the Openreach engineer who was supposed to complete this simply never showed up.
I messaged Plusnet at 5pm for confirmation all was going OK and got told we were 'probably his last job' - we were not ...  Angry
Our former supplier cut our service of promptly 13th January, yesterday I wasted half a day at home for nothing,
and so far no form of reliable information from Plusnet is yet forthcoming; in fact they didn't even know until I told 'support'.
Obviously I realise I'm just another statistic to Plusnet and clearly I understand they have no control or carry any sway over 3rd party contractors.
It's far from easy though trying to explain that when your partner and 3 children are all deprived of any means of online service, particularly with no solution in sight.
How long have others been left stranded after leaving a fomer supplier and then the Plusnet system has failed  - could anyone give any indication please ?Huh
4 REPLIES 4
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Openreach engineer - no shows

Reading the forums you might not believe this, but engineer failures are quite rare when you realise how many different kinds of engineers are arranged. That said, any failure is unacceptable and we want to get everything sorted out for you.
A support ticket has been raised on your account so that we can chase this with the supplier for you. When we get more details, it will be added to the account.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
westside

Quote from: plusnettony
Reading the forums you might not believe this, but engineer failures are quite rare when you realise how many different kinds of engineers are arranged.

I can fully believe it, we have had them around before and always very promptly up until now.
There was actually a group of five of them taking a tea break next to the cabinet only half a mile from our home the day before our existing fibre connection was scheduled to be moved to Plusnet.
Rather ironic now it's a critical issue for us - as in we have zero service.
A support ticket has been raised on your account so that we can chase this with the supplier for you. When we get more details, it will be added to the account.

"Customer called to get an update on the fibre order as the engineer didn't turn up on the 14th January
Advise that the order is showing as delayed and will have to get out supply team to look into it
Advise that once they have an update they will let his know"

Above is all the information I have received since being cut from my former fibre provider; tomorrow will be our 3rd day without service - such information as above is not exactly a giant leap forward. 
Tomorrow is Friday, we never see openreach loitering around the cabinet for tea breaks at weekends; should I make provision for the children and family all being without service over the weekend ?
tonycollinet
Grafter

Reading the forums you might not believe this, but engineer failures are quite rare when you realise how many different kinds of engineers are arranged. That said, any failure is unacceptable and we want to get everything sorted out for you.

Not my experience PNT - I had 4 consecutive no -shows. And that was after 3 visits where they showed up, but due to BTW incompetence elsewhere were not able to connect me.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

@westside Matters seem to have progressed since I last updated the ticket. I hope everything goes to plan.
@tonyAtplus It's unfortunate when these things happen. We work with suppliers to try to improver matters and hopefully things will get better.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team