cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ongoing speed connection issues.

Tim_c

Ongoing speed connection issues.

Up until about 5 or 6 weeks ago we were getting speeds of 50 to 60Mbps on our "Unlimited fibre". The line was stable with no real issues.

Out of the blue, we had some dropped connections and slow speeds. After 3 engineer visits and many extremely long phone calls where the Plusnet representative seems to know nothing about the history of our issues we are now stuck on 15Mbps. The last Cube engineer (not sure what that even is) told us that the issue was at the exchange and that we would be contacted by Plusnet. We were not contacted. The last call I had (yesterday) we just went round in utterly nonsensical circles and all of the things the rep said would happen did not happen. Nobody called me back and the engineer did not show up at the allotted time.

We are supposed to be "guaranteed" 45Mbps yet still being charged the full amount and Plusnet seem to have lost interest. Surely it can't be that difficult?

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Re: Ongoing speed connection issues.

Thanks for your post @Tim_c and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm really sorry to see you're having issues with your speed.

I can see Openreach missed the last appointment due to engineer availability in your area, this can unfortunately happen sometimes for example if a higher priority job (think welfare) comes up. 

It looks like they've contacted you directly and rebooked the engineer visit. Can you let us know how you get on?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Tim_c

Well the rebooked engineer was supposed to be here this morning and didn’t show up for the second time in a row.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Thanks for getting back to me @Tim_c

Really sorry again for the inconvenience, I can see an engineer's booked for tomorrow morning. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet