cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No speed change since upgrade to fibre extra

Ruddy
Dabbler

No speed change since upgrade to fibre extra

Says my package has been changed in email received. However my down speed hasn't changed only my up speed has?

My line speed on my account is showing 80 though.

7 REPLIES 7
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

Re: No speed change since upgrade to fibre extra

The account is only referring to the package that you are paying for not your actual speed. What do you get as your expected speed range if you put your phone number in here?   https://my.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm?s_cid=ws_furls_adslchecker

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @Ruddy,

I've had a look at the account and the upgrade has completed today as you're aware, the order's completed and the sync has increased. What throughput are you achieving if you run a speedtest?

Ruddy
Dabbler

Attached as image. Getting 48Mbps down 17Mbps up. Maybe I'm just on the "low impacted" side? Up is bit closer to the clean high I dont know if that makes any odds?

Ruddy
Dabbler

Double post sorry. Just back from work. So my down speed floats between just above and just below the handback threshold(clean). 

Edit: just found the edit. On a quiet line test my line is silent. If that makes any odds again I have no idea.

Ruddy
Dabbler

Sorry I  keep losing the edit button on this forum. I'm currently on a technicolor tg582n paired with a seperate open reach modem. Got the new plusnet one coming in the post, will that make the difference here?

Ruddy
Dabbler

Last thing is the IP profile which according to bt wholesales tester is 50.3Mbps. Does this seem about right? If so is there any advantages to even being on fibre extra?

Sorry about all the posts but busy and trying to do a bunch of stuff and update but the edit button keeps going missing.

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Hi there @Ruddy,

I've just tested your line and we're seeing a sync of 54.5Mbps.

Can you advise if your download speeds have improved?