cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband for 4 days now

erikasocial
Dabbler

No broadband for 4 days now

I wonder if someone on this forum can help.
My broadband went off on Monday.
It seems that it may be a BT Openreach issue and Plusnet have tried to contact them to deal with it.
I work at home providing services to vulnerable people, which I can't do without internet access, and am becoming increasingly frustrated with the lack of any kind of action from either Plusnet at pushing this forward or BT in implementing.
Any ideas how long BT can take to fix a fault? Assuming it is BT.
Erika
27 REPLIES 27
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: No broadband for 4 days now

Thanks a lot for your time on the phone this evening @erikasocial

As discussed, despite trying to authenticate your router with the correct details, it's not working. I suspect this is a BT Wholesale fault, so I've now rejected the Clear Notification on the fault, so an appointment should be offered within the next hour or so.

There's an open Fault ticket on the account which you can both view and comment on for direct communication with our Technical Support Team here:

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
snadge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

is the customer using the supplied Plusnet router? be sure of that first i would, some (like me) use their own

erikasocial
Dabbler

Yes I have a supplied Plusnet router. And it's now 6 days and counting with no broadband.
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @erikasocial, I am sorry for the issues with your service. I can see Adam has got an engineer booked for you and hopefully they get the issue sorted for you!

Let us know how you get on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
erikasocial
Dabbler

BT Openreach have been out. All fine at their end. Apparently a cease and reset has been undertaken. Having done a hard reset on my router the issue remains. How long am I supposed to wait before more action is taken?
If an engineer is not on site in the next 24 hours, by which time I will have been without broadband for 9 days, then I will be looking to end my contract with Plusnet and go elsewhere.
This situation has now become intolerable and unacceptable given that I work at home and am not receiving the contracted service.
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Thanks for taking my call @erikasocial, I'm truly sorry for the ongoing issues and length of time this is taking to resolve.

I am just in the process of contacting our suppliers now and then will update your ticket just to outline what we discussed today.

Let us know how things go after the engineer visit tomorrow!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre Broadband.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

erikasocial
Dabbler

So BT Openreach have been out again. All checks undertaken including lift and shift etc. Still no joy. Openreach engineer went above and beyond and hooked up a BT router to the line and worked straight away.
Phoned Plusnet to request a new router to be informed it could take 3-5 working days to arrive!
After 9 days and counting with no service and every excuse from Plusnet about how it wasn't their issue, I now have to wait until their warehouse can send me a new router which means I have lost two weeks of trying to work at home, extra costs for buying more 4g, etc etc.
Can someone please direct me to the complaints department in order that I can register my dissatisfaction with this service and claim some kind of
recompense.
Mav
Fixes: 514

@erikasocial 

If you scroll to the bottom of any forum page you can find a link to their Complaints Code of Practice.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

erikasocial
Dabbler

Thanks for this.
Still waiting for the promised phone call after the engineer visit - more than four hours and counting.
It's only because I called on my own initiative that I have managed to order a new router otherwise I would probably still be sitting here waiting. Still can't believe it will take up to 5 working days to arrive.
This is going to be quite some complaint with a search for a new provider once I'm back online.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Still no joy. Openreach engineer went above and beyond and hooked up a BT router to the line and worked straight away.

@erikasocial did the engineer configure his router with your Plusnet credentials ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

erikasocial
Dabbler

Yes he did all that and more.
He phoned Plusnet who have made a note on my message board and stated they would call me to discuss further action
No call forthcoming.
I used my own initiative and placed a call to order a new router.
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@erikasocial  Have you checked that the login credentials are correct in the Plusnet router that you have now?

erikasocial
Dabbler

I still have the same, now proved to be faulty, router. Authentication seems to work but it doesn't connect.
BT router plugged in by BT Openreach engineer worked straight away.
New router ordered but by the time it arrives U will have been without broadband for at least 12 days.