cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network unstable & ongoing account restrictions.

Rickys
Hooked

Network unstable & ongoing account restrictions.

Hi there i have an issue with my network. My account seems to be constantly restricted when trying to access certain Plusnet site links (my account for example) I called Plusnet a week or so ago and was told my account has issues & will be looked into.

Also, whilst on some video games and streaming sites, i am being told my network is unstable by the apps themselves and they disconnect, although my Hub/Router doesn't appear to be going offline or showing any bugs.

The issues are still occurring and I've paid my bills etc.

As a side note: I did upgrade to a higher level of fibre but still have my original Plusnet Hub. 

Any help appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Network unstable & ongoing account restrictions.

Hiya @Rickys, thanks for getting in touch. I am sorry for the delay in getting to your post and for the issues that you are encountering with your services.

At a glance I'm not seeing any issues myself with the account, are you able to provide a screenshot to show the error message you get on some sites? (ensuring to blank out any personal info).

I have tested your line and this hasn't highlighted any issues, the connection looks stable and we're seeing a good sync speed for your line. Are you connected your devices via WiFi or do you game/ stream over an Ethernet connection?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Rickys
Hooked

Hi there thanks for the reply! & no apology necessary.

I did call in to enquire & at that time it was mentioned that my account was not functioning as it should. I was being restricted ON or before the day my bill was due leaving me no leeway.

It may well be that as their are no issues showing that it has been fixed. 

My only correspondence after that was this highlighted message but i didn't understand. 

Dear Mr Sallows,

*** Internal ***

Consult with different department call dropped before any action was Taken.

Kind regards,

I shall try to capture a screenshot of the error message stating that my network is unstable asap. 

Thanks again!

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Thanks for getting back to me @Rickys, it does sound like issues were associated with payment but I'm currently not seeing anything our side. If you do get that problem again though please let me know.

With regards to the issues with the network, as testing looks OK it could suggest an issue with the wireless connection. If you have devices connected to the router via Ethernet cable that are also having issues then please do let us know so we can advise further on this for you.

Wifi is prone to interference and this can come from many things such as other wireless or electrical equipment, but there are settings in your router you can amend to help with this. I can do this remotely from our side for you if you like but just a heads up this would just cause a brief drop in your wireless connection?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team