Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My line seems to be banded

wakeman
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

My line seems to be banded

I used to be getting a physical download speed of 25 Mbps, now its under 21mbs and having run a test using the BTW performance tester, says my IP profile for the line is 21.68Mbps.

I have tried restarting the router (a Hub One) and moved it next to the master socket now and its not any better. Maybe a DLM reset is required.

Can this please be looked into

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: My line seems to be banded

Hi @wakeman

Yep. Your speed's banded at "0.128M-22.4M Downstream, Interleaving Low - 0.128M-10M Upstream, Error Protection Off". Line tests aren't showing the cause for this, so I've added to the caution counter reset tracker for this to be reset, which should go through within the next 3 working days. Let us know how your speeds look afterwards.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
wakeman
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Hi @Gandalf 

I still seem to be banded, should I wait till Wednesday? 

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks for letting us know @wakeman

Yeah you're right, the line is still banded, current profile:

Downstream: 0.128M-22.4M with Interleaving (Low). Upstream: 0.128M-10M with no error protection

As per @Gandalf 's previous comment though, it can take three working days for our suppliers to get this sorted. Give us a shout on Thursday if your speeds have not improved. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds