cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Speeds Are Extremely Slow.

Malific

My Speeds Are Extremely Slow.

Hi, I've been paying for Fibre Optic, which you said 'guarantees' at least 32 Mbps, lately, my internet has been extremely slow. My internet drops down really low at times. I am paying for 32 Mbps but getting 20-25 Mbps at highest. Sometimes, when the internet is really slow, i am getting 4-9 Mbps, which is extremely frustrating... This has been a recurring problem. Whenever I am in the middle of something extremely important, or in the middle of a gaming session, the internet suddenly drops to 5 Mbps. As you can tell this has been extremely annoying. Could I please have some help?!?!

6 REPLIES 6
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: My Speeds Are Extremely Slow.

Hi @Malific,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing these issues. I've not been able to locate your account to test the line today, but I'd ask if you're connecting over Wi-Fi or with an Ethernet cable when experiencing these issues. If you're connecting over Wi-Fi, please could you try connecting over Ethernet cable to see if it makes any difference? The reason for suggesting this is that online gaming requires a consistent and stable connection to get the best experience and an Ethernet connection will always be better for this than Wi-Fi. Let us know how this goes and if you continue to experience any further issues, please send us a private message across with your account username attached so we may test the line for any underlying faults.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Malific

Hi, I am currently using Wi-Fi but I don't currently have a ethernet cable so I cant test. I jus reteseted the internet and i am getting 14 Mbps

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Malific,

I'd initially recommend taking a look at the wifi guidance here. If that doesn't help, send across your username via a PM and we'll take a look at things from our side for you.

Best wishes

Dave

Malific

Im currently using windows 8.1 pro but i tried following the instructions. didnt help

Malific

oh great ive just tested the internet and im getting 3 mbps

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @Malific,

Thanks for getting back to us and sorry to hear the speed is still so slow, the username you've sent across to us has no matching accounts. You can find your account username at the top of any emails from plusnet, failing that please provide your full address with postcode via PM.

Once we have located your account we'll be able to perform some remote testing from this side and take a look at the connection.

Thanks.