cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kasa smart plugs that have suddenly all stopped working can any one help

Malcw

Kasa smart plugs that have suddenly all stopped working can any one help

Kasa smart plugs I have 6 Kasa smart plugs that all suddenly stopped working after working well for several months
7 REPLIES 7
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: Kasa smart plugs that have suddenly all stopped working can any one help

If all six stopped working at once this points to a supply fault. I would start with the router, remove the ethernet lead to the Kasa master plug and plug a device into the router ethernet port. If there's no signal something's up with the router. If there is, try replacing the lead to the Kasa master. If it still doesn't work then I think the master may have failed.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@Longliner 

As far as I am aware these devices are smart mains switches controlled through a direct wireless link to the wireless router, not to be confused with powerline extenders.

@Malcw 

The common factor is your hub's WiFi. Can you connect wirelessly to other devices using the same 2.4 or 5GHz band?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

RRM
Rising Star

Check 2.4Ghz Wi-fi is enabled. If you have band steering enabled, you might need to turn it off, especially if your 2.4Ghz SSID has the same name as your 5Ghz Wi-Fi network.

If that still doesn't work, turn off the 5Ghz and test.

I have TP Link Kasa smart plugs and they are working. 

Good luck

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Malcw,

I've had a look and the broadband itself is still up and running. I think it would be best to give some of the suggestions posted by other users in this thread a try and report back here with your findings.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Malcw

I'm sorry but how do I check the 2.4ghz on my modem I'm not a computer genius so don't know my way round my modem need help
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@Malcw 

Follow the instructions in this post, there is a picture to help added in the next one if you scroll down. https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/2-4ghz-and-or-5ghz-best-practice/m-p/1351966#M840. This will not switch off the 5GHz band, just separate it from the 2.4 GHz one.

'Point your Browser' means open your normal web browser anf type 192.168.1.254 in the address bar at the top. If you have a separate Search field in the centre of the browser page provided by the likes of Google then DO NOT use this.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @Malcw, if you follow the link that @Baldrick1 has provided, this will give you a step by step on how to access these settings.

Get back to us if you need any further support.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team