cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Plusnet today?

Welshsteve
Grafter

Issues with Plusnet today?

Although the website states no service issues, twice today my internet has dropped (solid orange light). This morning it appeared to be off for a while, but came back up just before I started work. It again dropped about half an hour ago for a few minutes.

Is anyone aware of any issues? 

The speed reliability has dropped considerably over the past few weeks, I rarely get anywhere near my supposed guaranteed speed these days, even when plugged directly into the router.

But these total drops in connection I really do hope are temporary.

3 REPLIES 3
Dangerjohn
Dabbler

Re: Issues with Plusnet today?

It's been off and on for me a lot recently. Totally down today.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@Welshsteve , @Dangerjohn A little more detail and some solid data would help other Community members (and Plusnet staff) to investigate and suggest possible solutions. If you could both post the results of (1) BT Broadband  - making sure your phone number doesn't show , (2)The 'Advanced Diagnostics' from BTW Performance Tester , and (3) Your Hubs Help Desk page obscuring any personal data, that would be a good start.

@Dangerjohn - Could start your own topic please - it is not easy to track two customers issues on one topic, they may look the same, but could have totally different causes and remedies.

John
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Welshsteve, I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with the connection. I've had a look at your account today and I can see that there had been a few hours of downtime overnight/during the early morning on Friday, though it seems that the connection has been up and running since. I've tested your line and from what I can see the speed is performing as we would expect, with the current downstream sync speed coming in at 34.3Mbps.

When you've been experiencing issues on your end of things, have you been connected via Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable? Also, have you had the chance to run a wired speedtest on the line to see what your throughput speed is looking like?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team