cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub one connection dropping every few minutes

Kariz1611
Hooked

Hub one connection dropping every few minutes

Hi ` having major issues over the last week with my hub one dropping connection every few minutes.  Have tried resetting / restarting a million times.  Now have an engineer visiting tomorrow.

2 questions.  I’ve disconnected as many devices as I can, which hasn’t made much difference.  But does the number of connections interfere a lot eg ring doorbell, smart plugs/cam ?

Is it worth me getting a BT smart hub 2 ?  Or 6?  Not sure which is best tbh?

With three members of the house wfh I really need more reliability.  Currently having to hotspot or visit another address to have decent WiFi.

Below is an event  log for 10 mins or so.

4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 260

Re: Hub one connection dropping every few minutes

In answer to your questions, I have one - how many devices do you have connected normally, presumably wireless?

As regards replacing the Hub1 with an HH6, that is a reasonable option - I doubt PN would supply a Hub2 whilst you are still in contract.

I would suggest hanging fire until then engineer has been and see what he can find, in any case.

John
Kariz1611
Hooked

Cheers Jon.  If I have everything it would be up to a max of 20, but this is not all the time.  Eg people working different days and out of the house with iPad/ phones / tv off etc.  At the moment I’m down to 6 to see if it makes a difference ` it doesn’t. 
I’m contract isn’t up until October, so if engineer doesn’t perform a miracle then I have to spend to rectify it. 
Your view is the hh6 better than the bt hub 2 if I have to go down that route.?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 260

OK Kariz. IIRC, the Hub1 has a max of less than that, but as I never used one when with PN, and it would never be with that many anyway, I can't say for certain.

Your problem appears to be BT/OR network connected anyway - nothing to do with the number of devices.

I don't personally have experience of either of the other two options quoted, but the HH6 is better than the PN Hub1, and is cheap enough, as well as having extensive use by other Plusnet customers, and comprehensive set-up details available.

I would wait and see what the engineer succeeds with.

John
Kariz1611
Hooked

Many thanks Jon, that is helpful.  I’ll update tomorrow 🤞engineer  🙂